What's new

videotaping game-play (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
I have my PS2 connected to my XBR400 by component cables. I also have the monitor out from the TV to my VCR. Usually I can tape SAT or gameplay from my PS1 from the monitor out but the PS2 I can not. Is this due to the component connection or some type of copy protection within the PS2?

Anybody know?

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Due to the Component Cables. When you want to tape, switch back to the composite cables and everything should work fine. The display picture will just have to suck though!;)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Yup, from all the way back in the Day of Legend of Zelda for NES. I taped myself finishing off Gannon, Getting to Smoke on MKII for SNES, Beating FFVII, FFVIII,FFIV, and of course, beating HALO. I beat most of these before my friends and wanted to prove to them that I did. For instance Final Fantasy VII was finished exactly 90 hrs after I got it on the release day. Everyone was shocked to hear me bragging about the end and I had proof if anyone dared question:D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
90 hours? I beat FF7 in like 50 (I think less, actually).

Anyway, I have taped gameplay before, too. I just have a crummy VCR in my room hooked up to a switcher hooked up to my N64/PSX/DC/SNES and they all record fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks