What's new

VHS or SVHS (1 Viewer)

Joao Rui

Auditioning
hi there

i need to buy a VCR to use whith my SANYO PLC-SU07 video projector, i whant to know if i should buy a VHS or SVHS

VCR, i only need to play back the tapes ( VHS Tapes ),i dont need to record . Cam someone help me ?

Is SVHS beter to play back VHS tapes ?, if so what VCR shoud i by ?

thanks in advance, i'm a rookie.........

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, if you're not planning on recording, the question is really how much you want to pay. SVHS decks cost significantly more than VHS decks. If you're not planning on playing back SVHS tapes, then the increased resolution of a SVHS output won't make much difference. I'd stick with a good quality VHS deck.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
For a projector, the only thing I would suggest is the higher end model JVCs. The 7800 or the 9800 has DNR/TBC Digital Noise Reduction/Time Base Control. This takes out the color bleeding associated with standard VHS playback. I've seen a standard VHS on a projector and it is unexplainable crap unless you have a line doubler. Using the S-video does improve the picture by seperating the lumens and chrominance on vhs playback as oppose to the composite connection that puts it all in one connector. Couple that with the use of S-VIDEO with DNR makes it a clear crisp picture and I can only imagine what it would look like with a line doubler on a front projector. The comb filter is top rate also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks