DVD/VHS Combo with SVideo on VHS

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by RomanSohor, Nov 24, 2004.

1. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

Can anyone recommend a DVD/VHS combo unit that passes VHS and DVD through the S-Video out, most of the ones I see at BestBuy only pass VHS through component - and we have a lot of classrooms set up on my campus that use SVHS VCR's through the SVideo and DVD Rom drives on the PC for DVD playback - we are phasing out PC playback in favor of a combo unit, and the financially easiest way for us to manage this changout (we have to replace our Crestron button pads with touch screens already to facilitate this, most likely) is if we don't have to purchase a new A/V switcher or run new wiring for all of the rooms.

Thanks!

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I know JVC has a model that does it, go to JVC.com and search for the model.

3. Andre Bijelic

Andre Bijelic Stunt Coordinator

If it's just a convenience issue, you can buy cheap composite to s-video adapters at Radio Shack.

4. RomanSohor

RomanSohor Second Unit

yeah I know it's possible to use a Y/C converter but we'd certainly rather not have to add something else that can go wrong in the classroom, plus the SVideo quality is better... We are already using a JVC model in some of our set ups, I'll have to check if it's the one we already spec...that would be great :)