What's new

Very disappointing news re: "In the Bedroom" (1 Viewer)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Per DVD File, In the Bedroom will have "no extras aside from the trailer."
This film went onto my DVD wish list before the lights went up in the theater, so I (for one) can only hope that this news changes before release date, or that a special edition is to come later.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least you are still getting the film. Not all "special editions"are so special, anyway.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I usually don't care for the extras but charging $29.99 for a bare bone disc is a bit troubling. But what do you expect from the King Of Greed, Disney? I was really looking forward to picking this one up but not at that price.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Do I smell a future Criterion here?
You read my mind, Ivan. BV has a history of licensing to Criterion, and this film is a prime candidate for the Criterion Collection.

I'm going to hold off for a while to see what develops. At the very least, there should be a price drop in a year or two.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Criterion?
Ain't gonna happen.
I really doubt BV will license out a recent title that was nominated for 5 Oscars - including Best Picture and 3 of the 4 acting categories.
In The Bedroom has been an excellent return on investment for BV so far, and will only get better upon it's DVD release.
They'll probably just re-release it in the future as an Special Edition to further it's profits.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks