What's new

Very Annoying Pop Up (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Have you added an annoying pop up to this website? It is about "internet freedom". It only comes up on the HTF website. If it only is for July 12th, I will avoid your site for that day. Remember there are people from all over the world accessing it, not just the USA.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
[QUOTEgoo="LeoA, post: 4505969, member: 353731"]Glad it's not just me. Thought I had a virus.[/QUOTE]
Good! I thought it was just me also. Went through the links it gives and I think it is supposed to last one day. Hard to see their point about taking over the internet being wrong when that is what they do. Also hard for me to write congress and FCC when being a Canadian I don't have either. I AM in Buffalo right now however.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It only came up once for me (and I completely support it).

For me, it wasn't even a matter of supporting it or not supporting it -- but HTF in general is enforced as such a politics-free zone that it was just a little surprising to see the forum jumping into those waters, or wondering if they had jumped into those waters or if they'd been hacked, along with not knowing how to react, whether that was inviting a discussion or whether commenting on it would lead to penalties, etc. Just didn't have a context to know how to react.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I prefer to think of Net Neutrality as an apolitical topic. Almost everyone agrees with it, except for lobbyists. That's why HTF and the ownership support net neutrality. Our hobby can be a bandwidth intensive one, with streaming services, downloaded games and or movies on demand etc, and we will all end up paying more if these rules changes go into effect.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I prefer to think of Net Neutrality as an apolitical topic.

Works for me! I'm very much in favor of it, but was not aware until now that it was allowed as a conversation topic. I did not sign the letter last night because I was unsure if it was a genuine letter or a hack, but if you're able to post a link so that I can elect to do so now, I would be happy to.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yeah, the problem with even the most well-intentioned of these things is that a careful computer user just isn't going to "go there" if there's even the slightest question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks