What's new

Veronica Mars Season 2 (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Aww...Adam Hendershott (Butters) doesn't make enough money from Veronica Mars, so he's starring in Pizza Hut commercials.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Someone on a newsgroup I read posted UPN's press release about tonight's episode and the alternate ending that'll be available online. About halfway through the article is a MAJOR spoiler (though thankfully only what, not who).

"In the exclusive alternate ending on AOL.com a familiar character is murdered practically before Veronica's eyes."

I suppose the character might not die in the aired episode, but it wouldn't really make sense to release the alternate ending then. I suspect in the aired episode Veronica will find the person already dead.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Veronica should flunk "home ec" since her baby was facing front in the car seat, a BIG no-no. Are the writer(s) childless? I hope so because a parent should NEVER make this mistake. [Added: ;) to make my statement clearer to emphasize sarcasm, which I didn't do a good job of initially.]

More suprises dug up by Veronica involving her mother, Celeste Kane, and the "prom baby."

Weevil shows Veronica's "baby" "what goes around comes around." Too bad Wallace wasn't around to see it.

And speaking of "baby", Meg's tummy... and her eyes!

Veronica did not find anyone dead in the aired episode unless I missed something. I can't view the alternate ending since I don't want to install the plug-in.
-

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Now that was a nice episode, not only a self-contained mystery case, but it springboarded the macro-mystery and also brought in the impact of Meg's condition.

Loved the scene between Charisma and Alyson, it looked like they were having fun with it as well. I was surprised at how much Trina was in this episode.

Looks like Mac is into the Beave. (Wait, that didn't come out right...)

How do Weevil and Logan beat the crap out of each other and not lose any teeth? :)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Holy crap was that awesome! And that alternate ending? Damn. I have to say, either Teddy Dunn's acting is really crappy, or Duncan has some serious lack of emotions. And damn it, why won't they bring back Wallace. If he's the one they kill off next episode, there'll be hell to pay.

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
I like the aired ending better than the alternate

Alternate ending
Meg's Mom comes into the hospital room, Veronica hides in the bathroom. Meg talks to her daughter, then the heart machine flat lines.
Veronica jumps out of the bathroom to see meg suffocated by a pillow.
A nurse walks and says, "what have you done?!? Security!"
Pretty radically different ending.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
This was an odd and cartoony episode. Fun to watch, yes, but Veronica, Trina, Kendall, and Celeste were all caricatures of themselves. I half thought it was all going to turn out to be a dream.

Kudos to your wife, Greg. The Meg thing is an awfully soapy turn, but I still have faith.

The alternate ending doesn't seem like it could have been considered for real. It seems like it was made for AOL.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Yeah. If only they had established that his character was on some mood altering medications...oh wait...never mind.

The aired ending was a lot better than the alternate ending. The fact that the nurse called security and walked out without trying to give Meg any medical attention seemed a little odd.

Regards,

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I thought this was a pretty lackluster episode overall. The ending was ok, but getting there was tedious.

My problems with it - I didn't buy into Veronica's motivation in running around as if a 25 year old suspension was important. And in accusing Celeste, Veronica became the vicious rumor spreader that she was trying to prove her mom wasn't.

In fact, it's quite a stretch that the VP would concieve of this convoluted plan to oust the principal. Why didn't he just go to Trina in the first place, and tell her? Or at least just send the information to her anonymously?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I thought that was kind the point. She was leery of the 09ers last year, and now she's starting to see some of that in her own actions not that she's back "in".

Regarding the VP, it was pretty clear that he wanted to keep himself clean and have others do his dirty work for him, kind of like certain current events. It was also a chance to knock Veronica down a peg, let her know she can be manipulated and that she's not as sneaky as she thinks she is.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Because Clemmons is unexpectedly clever: He recognizes Veronica's inabilty to leave well enough alone and her big brain will lead her to this inevitable conclusion, but also realizes that people who don't know Veronica would see this being a plan as incredibly unlikely, so he doesn't look like a Macchievelian schemer to the school board when they have to decide whether to put the job on Monster or promote from within.

And I absolutely believe Veronica runs this thing down. She simply can not let things go, especially when it has the slightest personal connection to her, and she can't resist invading privacy given the opportunity. It's pathological, really.

But Veronica wouldn't care about taking care of a plastic toy beyond keeping the thing from making noise. If she flunks a couple weeks of Home Ec, well, whatever - she figured her extracurriculars were, in this instance, much more important.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Are you kidding about the baby comment? The whole joke in the episode was how terrible Veronica treated the baby. Look at the scene when she propped it up with the bottle so she wouldn't have to hold it. Absolutely hilarious.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Good call Greg's wife! I guess there is something to that women's intuition. :)

The episode was kind of a whirlwind. I had to back up a couple times to follow what was happening. Must get more sleep...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Man, I was so happy when Wallace showed up.

It will be interesting to see how Veronica deals with motherhood. I now see why there was the Baby Think It Over subplot.

Let me say I'm thankful for Keith's followup (summary) questions to the tape investigation because I honestly did not know what was happening there.

And how cute was Bell in that Santa hat?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Loved "The Todd" appearance.

So Aaron Eckles will most likely get off scot free now that the tapes are toast.

They raised the possibility of Veronica staying in Neptune after high school because her chance meeting with the lady from Hearst college.

And I literally raised my hands and said "Wallace! Yay!" at the end of the episode.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
There were enough eyewitnesses to his criminal activities inclusive of his attack on Veronica, that its is unlikely he would get off scott free for just that reason.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks