Value of Pioneer Elite VSX-29TX?

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by AndrewGault, Jan 25, 2005.

1. AndrewGault

AndrewGault Agent

Nov 22, 2002
    I have had this receiver for several years. However I am considering moving to seperates, and thus am looking to sell my 29TX. However I haven't been able to find much about its resale value on the internet.

Here is the Pioneer page with specifications:

Anyone have any idea what would be a reasonable price for me to try and sell this for? I would say its condition is probably 8/10. (Maybe even 9/10)

I appreciate any advice one could offer me.

2. chaz.v

chaz.v Stunt Coordinator

Aug 1, 2004
    These are hard to sell. I have offered mine here a couple of times with no luck. Sometimes they fetch $850 on ebay and sometimes they go for $600. Depends on who is looking for it and what they understand about the unit. IMHO this was one of the best receivers they made due to the Burr-Brown DACs, 5.1 input/outputs, AC-3 RF input decoder, lcd remote, etc. I am still using it as a pre/pro for my Sherbourn 5/1500a and B&W 802 setup. I have upgraded everything else in my system multiple times, but this still remains. With a separate amp, it really is hard to beat. Must admit that I have always wondered what I am missing without going to true seperates though. Good luck with your sale. Probably best to take your chances and ebay it.