What's new

Using Zone 2 with a Denon 2803 ?????? (1 Viewer)

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished putting a system together for my parents using a Denon 2803 and can’t seem to get the 2nd zone to work.

For some reason I can get Zone 2 to work with TV but not with the CD or DVD player.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Just a guess, but do you have the dvd and cd connected through the analog inputs as well as digital.

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
Check your settings in the video section of the setup menu, make sure you have the correct setting for the zone2 output.

Can you get audio or video in zone 2 from these sources or neither.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
I'm only using Zone 2 for audio (2 speakers for background music). How would the video input affect it. I will check the setting though.

No, I can't get audio from either of the sources, only TV through the receiver.

I'm fairly certain it's some stupid setting or button I haven't pushed or did push and shouldn't have and not a wiring issue. I have a 3803 for my home and fairly familiar with the Denon's. Unfortunately, I'm not using an additional zone in my home yet so have nothing to compare it to.

Tomorrow night I am going over there to figure it out and I'm looking for any ideas. Please keep them coming.

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 3803, but have never used the 2nd zone, mine is set up for 7.1.

-------------
I'm only using Zone 2 for audio (2 speakers for background music). How would the video input affect it. I will check the setting though.
-------------

The video wont affect it, I thought you were trying to watch a DVD in zone 2.

The only thing I can think of is playing with the input mode. The zone 2 outputs are analog, so you might need to make sure that the source is set to analog.
If the tv is working check the settings you've got for that and set the other sources the same.
I'll have a look at my manual tonight and see if I can think of anything else.

Im not sure of the procedure on the remote for operating zone 2 but maybe that could have something to do with it.

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
You nailed it !

I didn't realize zone 2 was analog only. I checked the input and the CD was hooked up digital. After I switched the cables and input to analog it worked perfectly.

Really appreciate your help, thanks.

I specifically bought my parents the 2803 because my 3803 was easy to set up, simple to use and great features/power for the $.

How do you like your 3803?

ps. Where in Australia are you? My wife and I spent some time in Sydney and then flew up to Port Douglas. Very different locations but both beautiful. Everyone we encountered treated us the same way you have here. Thanks again !!!

Harry Lincoln

Stunt Coordinator
No worries, glad to be able to help.
I've only had the 3803 for two weeks, I love it. Had a Yammie DSP-A3090 before that, the Denon is a big improvement in sound quality.
I'm in bendigo victoria, way down south, about 12 hours drive from sydney.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks