What's new

Denon 2803 Zone 2 issues (1 Viewer)

NileDB

Grip
I've searched through past threads and have found references to this issue but no clear answer. Can I hook up my CD player with both digital and analog hook ups and choose between the two when using the different zones? I know that only analog can be used for zone 2, which I plan to use frequently for the pool area. Is the digital pathway sonically superior if I want to listen in the main room? Can I choose that path but have the analog path available for zone 2? Lastly, am I correct that if I were to want to listen to CD in both zones simultaneously, it would have to be analog only?
I realize these issues have come up before, but these specific answers were not provided and will really help prior to my hooking up all components in an entertainment center.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
i don't think that's correct. i believe that as long as the player outputs both a digital and an analog signal simultaneously (most do), and as long as you assign them different inputs in the receiver (like "DVD" and "CD"), then you can use both zones, with zone1 utilizing the "dvd" player's digi output and zone2 the "cd" player's analog output.

try it and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks