What's new

analog and digital inputs (1 Viewer)

tom derby

Agent
currently i have a denon 2803 receiver. I use it for two zones and the zone 2 will only output analog signal. For this reason i have most of my stuff hooked up to the receiver with both analog and digital connections. My question is can both connections be assigned to the same device? meaning does the analog input of the CD player go to CD and the digital has to go to another device like DBS or TAPE, or can they both go to the CD? Also does anyone know if you can rename the inputs that will display on the reciever, like can the receiver display MiniDisc when the TAPE input is selected?

John S

Senior HTF Member
I am not sure how the zone 2 handles that.....

You mean if both signals are present, will it use the analog for input to zone 2 and the digital for main zone.

I don't think that will work, but I have been wrong before.

tom derby

Agent
yeah, the thing is that its hard to remember what is what. for instance the minidisc player is called VBS for the digital in and DBS for the analog in, and the pc is DVD for the digital in and Tape for the analog in, and the Cd player is Cd for the digital and I can't even remember what I called the analog. I'd be happy if i could atleast change the names that displayed so i could tell what i'm listening to. My old sony receiver that i run the bass shakers off of lets me change the display from CD to BASS SHK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks