What's new

urgent help from a home movie expert? (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure this is the right forum but I'm in big trouble so here goes....
I did a wedding video on Friday using an old panasonic SVHS un-attended on a tripod to film the whole service as unobtrusively as possible while I used a small hand held digital Sony for extra shots.

Disaster of disasters (funny if not so awful) the camera ended up on its side on top of the tripod for half the ceremony :b :b - don't know how, the capture nut seemed to come undone on its own (did again under test - right before my eyes!)

So question for anyone who knows... can I get this onto the PC (maybe record onto DVD then play on PC) and if I can, is there any software that will 'turn the image round' to upright again??

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Don't know you familiarity with doing video conversions on the PC, but here's what I found doing a Yahoo search.

My first instinct was that VirtualDub probably had a filter written to rotate video, and it was just a matter of finding the filter and installing it into your VirtualDub setup.

So check out some of the pages that showed up on the search.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Several different pieces of software can rotate it.. from basic Ulead stuff to TMPEG to Adobe products.. there are ways of getting it done ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I met some people who actually shot their footage that way on purpose, thinking they could hold the video camera in a vertical position like a still camera and have it all work out somehow. You could hear my hand slapping my forehead for MILES! Even though there are programs to rotate the video, it'll take awhile for the image to render and of course you'll have the "window box" effect. But it's better than nothing. That's why I say wedding jobs are at LEAST a two person job. Too much can go wrong with unattended equipment.

Oh yeah, best of luck to you :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Yeah, you who would want to deal with all those complaints about "black bars" in the picture? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks