What's new

Untouchables S.e ! (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Anthony
Paramount are scheduled to release THE UNTOUCHABLES S.E in R2 on August 2nd ! I don't hold out much hope of it matching my expectations but you never know . . .

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Why can't R1 get this?! Oh well. See how the demographic thingy is gonna work out?

Real Name
Anthony
Ray - R1 WILL be getting this, and probably before August. The release has already been confirmed - only the date is new.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Think we'll get a De Palma commentary or maybe they got Mamet to sit down for one.
I've been waiting for this since it turned up in the Bits' rumor mill a while back.
"You're muckin with a G!"

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
great movie indeed and a commentary from DePalma would be would.

Also a great support cast with Andy Garcia, Kevin Costner and Sean Connery

:D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I just got my latest schedule from Paramount, and listed under "Coming in July"?

The Untouchables - Special Collector's Edition

Yay!

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Yet another Brian De Palma double-dip for me. Damn, why do I have to love his movies so much. :)

The good thing is that with Paramount's current pricing policy this probably will be available relatively cheap. Hope the upgrade's worth it!

Cheers,
Chris

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Why didn't they just get this one right to begin with instead of re-releasing it again so soon after the other version came out?! :angry:

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
It's not so soon.

I'm getting Deja Vu. I swear this exact same question came up in another thread...

anyway, Untouchables was originally released in 99/2000, I believe. The DVD is either 4 or 5 years old.

I think.

Could be wrong.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I am glad I held off. I have it on LD and I normally don't double dip unless the DVD offers something new and compelling to make me buy it.

Note: Yes PQ is important but I first have to get a TV that takes full advantage of anamorphic mastering.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Digitalbits reported today that the Untouchables SE scheduled for July has been pushed back with no new date set (sometime in 2004 is as specific as they would be).

Chris*W

Stunt Coordinator
I'll probably double dip on this because it's such a great film, and the original DVD is just starving for extras. Hopefully there will be a commentary track by De Palma.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I apologise if this has been posted already, but I thought these details about the upcoming Untouchables SE were interesting...

Documentaries:
THE UNTOUCHABLES - THE SCRIPT
THE UNTOUCHABLES - THE CAST
THE UNTOUCHABLES - PRODUCTION STORIES
THE UNTOUCHABLES - RE-INVENTING THE GENRE
THE UNTOUCHABLES - THE CLASSIC

These docs clock in at a total of 55m 47s (including PAL speed-up), and they're directed by our old friend Laurent Bouzereau.

I'm sure more will be added (trailers etc..), but for the moment, these sound pretty good.

(info from http://www.bbfc.co.uk)

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
I used to hate WB when it came to DVDs. Now I wish more companies were like them. Thanks Will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks