What's new

Untouchables S.e ! (1 Viewer)

Jeannette Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
I have the R2 version which is anamorphic (I don't think the R1 is, is it?) and it looks pretty good. But the sound, I thought, was terrible on the 5.1 mix compared to the previous versions I owned. So hopefully the new SE will improve that.

Damn another double dip. If this keeps up I'll of replaced half my collection.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Looks like the above specs are it. :frowning: No commentary. No deleted scenes. Just one 1 hour documentary. That's it.

Jeff B.

Stunt Coordinator
So is the street date for this still Oct. 5th? Looks like list price is $19.99. So probably 15-16 at wal-mart. ;) Very reasonable imo for a SE.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From www.davisdvd.com:

Due on October 5th is The Untouchables: Special Collector's Edition with a 2.35 anamorphic transfer, DD5.1 and 2.0 tracks, five new featurettes ("The Script," "The Cast," "Production Stories," "Reinventing the Genre," "The Classic"), "The Men" vintage featurette and the theatrical trailer. Retail is $19.99 each.

Jeff B.

Stunt Coordinator
What was wrong with the old 5.1 track? I've never seen this movie on dvd, so I have no idea about the transfer or audio.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The 5.1 mix on the current dvd is rather flat. But this may just be due to the age of the film and original mix?

CraigL

Screenwriter
The "flatness" of the 5.1 track is typical of paramounts remixes. I've never heard any of their "remixed" 5.1 tracks beat out the original Dolby Surround track. There's always a greater surround presence and thus a much fuller sound from the Dolby Surround version. This is one of those examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks