1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Unreleased Nirvana on Access Hollywood

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremy Little, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Well, some of you may know about Courtney Love's fight with Interscope who now owns DGC's leftover contracts. It seems that we may get a box set within a few years, but not until she releases "You Know You're Right" by Nirvana on a NME Greatest Hits CD.
    For those who didn't catch the clip of YKYR, I posted it on my site, www.geocities.com/jdogg5431
    It definitely sounds like it has promise!!! I have been loving the live version of this song for about 4 years now and am happy to have a studio version on the way.

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

Thanks for the clip. I'm a little surprised that You Know You're Right hasn't shown up on any of the usual compilation CDs or famous live shows that are floating around.

Have you read 'Heavier Than Heaven' yet? What did you think?

3. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Great Book. A Must-read for any Nirvana fan. It is the same stories as Come As You Are, but told by neutral people. CAYA was mostly Azzerad interviews with Kurt. Kurt would never let the truth get in the way of a good story. HTH is Charles Cross interviewing lots of industry regulars, fans, as well skimming Kurt's journals.

The clip has a small portion edited where the interview with Courtney was. Everything Nirvana that has surfaced was back in the day when Kurt made tapes for everyone he knew. There are supposedly outtakes from the Nevermind sessions as well. Once they went to a major label, the tapes stopped as did the demo tracks.

4. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

I was completely surprised at the extent of Kurt's heroin addiction immediately prior to his suicide, my impressions having been influenced so much by the CAYA book. The stories are depressing: Fighting with Krist in the airport and running off. Being carried out of a drug den and thrown into the back of a car, on the verge of death because of an overdose.

I think that Cross did a good job of conveying the overall sickness and depression which Kurt had towards the end and cast a shadow over his entire circle, especially Courtney. I liked the book, but it was an eye-opener. Although I learned more about Kurt, I also learned how fucked up his life was, and how much he was the direct cause of it. Truly a sad, maddening situation.

5. Derek S

Derek S Stunt Coordinator

if you all are fans of nirvana, check out this site....
    http://www.cobaincase.com/
    and see how that money hungry bi&$h took away kurt......
    banky41