What's new

Universal-Great job on Classic Western Round-Up (1 Viewer)

Charles H

Screenwriter
How about a DESTRY Collection: the 1932 Tom Mix version, the Stewart-Dietrich DESTRY RIDES AGAIN; FRENCHIE (1950) with Shelley Winters and Joel McCrea; the Audie Murphy version. Throw in a couple of the "Destry" tv episodes (with John Gavin)!

Jim Bur

Stunt Coordinator
An item of interest with regard to the film "The Cimarron Kid" which appears on Volume 2 of the Classic Western Round-up collection.

The scene in which Audie Murphy and the other outlaws charge down the hill on horseback toward the moving train seems to have had an important after life as stock footage. That footage appears to have been used at the beginning of the opening credits of each episode of the classic western series "Alias Smith and Jones".

The footage appears at the beginning of Scene 7 on the Cimarron Kid DVD at approximately the 36 minute 20 second mark.

c Jim Bur

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thanks, CharlesH I was just wondering about the 32 version of Destry myself.
Has anyone actually seen this in stores? All those I've been to don't stock and don't appear to have heard of it. The Pirates collection, however, is everywhere.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I saw both volumes at Sam's Club last week, but, surprisingly, they didn't have Pirates of the Golden Age.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks