What's new

Unhappy at job (1 Viewer)

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
What Edwin said, also Danny how many people do you know really love their jobs? Bad jobs for most of us are a necessary evil that we must endure in order to survive and enjoy our time off. Just be thankful in this day and time that you do have a highly paid job with security.
The preceding comments are not intended to insult or offend anyone.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
What I have gathered from this thread is that just about everyone hates their job. It is a matter of "no matter where you go, there you are". I have been at the same company and doing the same job for 21 years and for 19 of them I have hated it. The thing is is that I don't hate the money since it has allowed me to do a lot of different things to keep my mind off just how much I cannot stand the work I do. The one thing I have learned from reading and talking to other people concerning their jobs is that having to work for a living is SHITTY. People who find work they like doing are the exception, not the rule.
I have to agree with this. I'm amazed at how many of my friends feel the same way as I and some of you do. The impression I get is that few people are really enjoying their jobs anymore (though I'm sure they're out there and good for them!). I'm tired also of going from one company to the next looking for a good opportunity.
I remember how I felt coming out of college, wanting to run the world! It sure didn't take me long to realize what a crazy notion that was. Now (and I'm not particularly proud of this) I'd just like to find a job that doesn't annoy me too much and allows me to enjoy myself when I'm not there (and of course support my HT habit!). What a weird world.
Danny, I will say that if you are dead-set on leaving, try to stick it out until you have another job lined up. Trust me - this is the way to go as you will have leverage. I'm being laid off in 2 weeks and have had an awful time scrambling for employment (which I still don't have!).
------------------
Scott

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I don't currently have a job but I love what I do. I'm a computer programmer and I work as a contractor. That's why I'm out of a job. The economy is terrible and companies aren't hiring contractors. I'm now being forced to go back to work as a permanent employee. In the past when the economy was better I wouldn't think twice about quitting a job without having anything else lined up. I did it a number of times and never had a problem finding new work. Now things are different. I agree that going to a job that you hate isn't the best thing to do but because of the economy it's the only option for some people.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just to reiterate what has already been said:
1. Don't stay at a place where you are truly unhappy, but
2. Don't quit without having another job lined up, and
3. It's not a great economy right now, so jobs are down.
I know you're unhappy but you might consider waiting and letting the economy and job market stabilize before jumping ship.
Yes life if too short to be at a job where you're unhappy, but trust me, you'll be even more unhappy in the unemployment line.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
You summed it up perfectly Carlo!
smile.gif

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
This thread is ust what the doctor ordered. Lately I've been feeling this way but after reading these messages I can better deal with this feeling of job dispair.
Two years ago I did quit my job without having a second one lined up. I was difficult but fortunately I had some savings to lessen the economic blow. So if you must then my advice to you is that you plan for it before you do it.
Good Luck
------------------
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
hulk.jpg
3EMS Hometheater

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous01
Recent bookmarks