What's new

Unbelievable new Rogue Leader shot:Astroid Field (GC) (1 Viewer)

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
smiley_jawdrop.gif
Wow! Can this game get anymore amazing? System seller right there.
220012bm.jpg

------------------

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The latest issue of EGM has these exact same screenshots (thought smaller) and then some, plus it has a lot of other GameCube shots and info, like how the controller is mapped for RL.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
When is this game due in Japan? I'm just curious if we'll see reviews before it's released here.
Morgan, What's up with your EGM thread? I can't get in.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Rogue Leader will be released in North America first followed by Japan. :)
------------------
[Edited last by Steven_V on September 24, 2001 at 06:46 PM]

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I've said it before, & I'll say it again....
smiley_jawdrop.gif

I Want this now!!!!!
Calvin
patriot.gif

------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Remember though, it's not hard to make a good looking fighting game(relatively speaking of course). Because you only have 2 models on screen + background(s).
But I will admit though, that DoA3 looks mighty fine! :)
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Looks great, I'd have a really hard time saying they are the best of all of the games but it is the very best that Game Cube has to offer right now. I wish the picts were better quality, hard to see the details in those. Are there any new movies of this game around now? Sure hope they improved the gameplay from Rogue Squadron in this game.
Dean

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Sure hope they improved the gameplay from Rogue Squadron in this game.
Me too. Rogue Squadron was fun but far too repetitive. Every movie I've downloaded of this game in action indicates this will be the same game as Rogue Squadron with updated graphics. Too bad.
I'll still buy it, of course!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Considering that a launch game for GameCube (the inferior console to the X-Box with the smaller disc format that everyone complains about) looks as good as it does compared to DoA3, I'm impressed. Then again, LucasArts and Rare always pull this kind of stuff on Nintendo consoles.
I think that it is easier to make a game like DoA3 than RL for the simple fact that DoA3 has one enemy AI, two characters, and a background (with all of its movement going in a loop) and RL has multiple good guys, bad guys, and the huge 3-D backgrounds and settings that it has, plus all the graphics effects it uses (which is almost every one the GCN has to offer).
DoA3 and RL are hands down the two best looking launch games ever.
I dunno whats wrong with the EGM thread. Can a moderator help?
I liked RS. It wasn't really repetitive rather than it was just the same gameplay style (fly, shoot, blow up, rescue, repeat) because of the genre its in. I do hope they make the new one better overall though.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
I also enjoyed Rogue Squadron. It wasn't perfect or that deep, but it was going for an old-style arcade shooter. In that respect, LA succeeded. It was a good start to what appears to be turning into a franchise, I hope they take the ball and run with it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think they did run with it.
Rogue Squadron, Battle for Naboo, Starfighter, Rogue Leader, plus the other stuff (like levels and such) from other games.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Heh, so there's really no need for them to improve the gameplay then is there, if it's already guaranteed to sell? Leave that for the next iteration where the increase in graphics glitz has worn off...
You got me there. Hell, it's Star Wars. I've only been bitten by about 20 bad Star Wars games yet I continue to buy them in the hope that something will achieve the level of greatness the franchise deserves.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Okay, this is frustrating. I clicked on the links in the first post of this thread, but the pictures are not up. It's just a bunch of broken links.
Any help?
------------------
-J.Fo
"Why do I always get a warped one?"

Dan B

Screenwriter
Knocking this thread up with some sweet new eye candy. Dig this one:
roguedrooly1.jpg

[Edited last by Dan B on October 13, 2001 at 12:55 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks