What's new

U.S. $20 Goes Color This Fall (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Good move, the coloured bills are much easier to tell apart.

The twenty is still kinda boring though

Brent

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
So then, I guess the governments super "non-counterfeitable" redesigned twenties, fifties, and hundred dollar bills were just too easy to counterfeit.

I think the new 'invisible' watermark should be set-up like fortune cookies, A differant message on every twenty!

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I kinda like the new design. I originally thought it would be super colorful, but its not too bad.

Of course whether we like it or not doesn't really matter, 20 bucks is still 20 bucks as long as that paper is backed.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Can you tell them apart if they're folded up and you can't see the number on them? I often have money folded just like that. Would make things a lot easier if they had different color and size.

Not to mention that it would be a lot easier for older people and others who can't see very well.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

That's precisely the reason they added the big, bold number on the back, in the lower right corner, of the re-designed bills last time 'round.

Different colors I can somewhat go along with, but different sizes would be a nightmare.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I can verify that the local A&P's automated checkout line is not updated software wise to recognize the new bills. I got a bunch of them this past weekend and tried one there Saturday night and it rejected it. I simply used a legacy $20 bill

Jay

Benjamin.D

Stunt Coordinator
As much as I like the new design, I wish it were more colorful. It could stand to look more other, multicolored currencies found in other countries.

Ben

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I love the commercials promoting the new twenties. To be honest, I had never thought of why I should collect or want this thing called "money". These commercials have completely convinced me that I need "money". After all, it's cool looking. Where can I buybuy err.. acquire such things so I can buy things with them?

(That's it! No one will want a $20 bill unless we come up with a fantastic marketing plan! Suddenly, people WILL want money!)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
If you lived closer to me, I'd gladly sell you the new $20 bills for some geeennuuuiinneee old $20 bills, at least until the software gets updated for all the money readers. :D

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks