1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Two RP91 questions...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PaulKH, Nov 18, 2001.

1. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

1) I know the player has scaling functions but does it automatically pick the mode depending on what content it detects (like the JVC) or does the scaling have to be selected manually? If manually, is it quick from the remote, or buried in a menu? (OK, that's three questions :bg [​IMG]
    2) Is the manual for the RP91 online anywhere?

2. Andrew V

Andrew V Stunt Coordinator

I don’t own the RP-91 but I’ve been around it enough to help you out.
    1. It does have an Auto select mode but sometimes the “Flag” on the DVD is not always picked up so you will have to select it manually. You will have to enter a Menu to change it manually. It’s not too buried. I believe it’s: Menu- Down- Down- Right- Right- Right. This was from memory so it might not be 100% accurate. [​IMG]
    2. Yes, the manual is available online and here’s a link: Panasonic RP-91 Owner's Manual
    ------------------
    ~Andrew~
    ~Pronto Programmer~
    AIM SN: FFU Productions
    ICQ #: 21603991
    Home Theater Pictures
    Equipment List | My Growing DVD Collection

3. PaulKH

PaulKH Second Unit

Thanks Andrew. Too bad scaling is in a menu, but I can program my remote to overcome this (I have an RC5000, similar to the Pronto).

4. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Stunt Coordinator

Frank:
    I disagree. I would say that about half of my non-anamorphic DVDs have incorrect flags and I have to set the DVD manually to the correct mode. Now some of these are older and more esoteric films, but it is hardly the case that there are "so few flagged incorrectly." I also have had some 4:3 movies flagged incorrectly so the DVD player fills the screen with them. However, I agree that it is not a big deal to change the RP-91s settings correctly.
    SMK

5. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer