What's new

Two RP91 questions... (1 Viewer)

PaulKH

Second Unit
1) I know the player has scaling functions but does it automatically pick the mode depending on what content it detects (like the JVC) or does the scaling have to be selected manually? If manually, is it quick from the remote, or buried in a menu? (OK, that's three questions :bg :)
2) Is the manual for the RP91 online anywhere?

Andrew V

Stunt Coordinator
I don’t own the RP-91 but I’ve been around it enough to help you out.
1. It does have an Auto select mode but sometimes the “Flag” on the DVD is not always picked up so you will have to select it manually. You will have to enter a Menu to change it manually. It’s not too buried. I believe it’s: Menu- Down- Down- Right- Right- Right. This was from memory so it might not be 100% accurate.
biggrin.gif

2. Yes, the manual is available online and here’s a link: Link Removed
------------------
~Andrew~
~Pronto Programmer~
AIM SN: FFU Productions
ICQ #: 21603991
Home Theater Pictures
Equipment List | My Growing DVD Collection

PaulKH

Second Unit
Thanks Andrew. Too bad scaling is in a menu, but I can program my remote to overcome this (I have an RC5000, similar to the Pronto).

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
Frank:
I disagree. I would say that about half of my non-anamorphic DVDs have incorrect flags and I have to set the DVD manually to the correct mode. Now some of these are older and more esoteric films, but it is hardly the case that there are "so few flagged incorrectly." I also have had some 4:3 movies flagged incorrectly so the DVD player fills the screen with them. However, I agree that it is not a big deal to change the RP-91s settings correctly.
SMK

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I disagree. I would say that about half of my non-anamorphic DVDs have incorrect flags and I have to set the DVD manually to the correct mode. Now some of these are older and more esoteric films, but it is hardly the case that there are "so few flagged incorrectly." I also have had some 4:3 movies flagged incorrectly so the DVD player fills the screen with them.
I guess it depends on your collection. None of us have a random sample, but of my nearly 500, I only have 2 or 3 flagged incorrectly, so in my collection, it's about 0.5%. In yours it may be a lot higher, but how many discs do you have, and how many of them have incorrect flags. If we pool our data and you have bad flags on 500 of 1000 discs, then our best estimate will be 33%, not an infrequent occurance. But if it's happening on 10 of your 20 discs, then our estimate becomes 0.2%, a very rare occurence.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks