What's new

Two receiver - one TV question (1 Viewer)

Kevin V

Auditioning
Ok, this is my first post so be patient with me. Let me explain my setup, and then I'll ask the question. I have a Dish system...two dishes (3 lines) into a switch in my attic. Out of the switch is 4 lines to 3 receivers...one of the receivers is a duel (2 room) receiver. Here is my question...in my living room, I have one single satellite input that went to my PVR receiver. Recently I aquired an HD receiver...my problem is, I want to hook both receivers up to my television, preferably without having to run a second line into my living room. I've tried a diplexor but that didn't work. How would I make this work...and please don't tell me I could have waited for an all in one HD/PVR receiver, thats irrelevant now. Could I add a second switch in my living room before the two receivers? Would I have to add a second switch in the attic and run another line to my living room? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's the only way. It sounds like you are using DishPro equipment so it should be an easy install. Your current switch should have 3 outputs that would connect to a second switch. You could order it online from Dish Depot or call the local Dish retailer in Hernando.

-Robert

Kevin V

Auditioning
Ok, I take I need another dishpro 34 multiswitch and to run another cable to my living room..is that correct? Is there any other multiswitch I can use besides the 34? It seems like its more than I need. Thanks for the reply Robert...oddly enough I see where we both live in the same town!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There are a couple of us from Southaven, one guy from Hernando, a few from O.B. and a bunch from Memphis. I've also run across other people from this area that are on other home theater forums. If you need any help with installing the switch, just shoot me an e-mail.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks