What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Two Movies about Elvis in August (1 Viewer)

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
I note that Amazon will be releasing two movies about Elvis Presley in August 2007. One is the old 1979 movie, starring Kurt Russell as "The King"; the other, is the more recent "Elvis: The Mini Series" (came out around 2005, I think). Unfortunately, I've seen neither, but I've heard that both are really good. Could anyone comment on which would be the better purchase? Thanks.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I've never seen the Kurt Russell one, but I have misgivings about the more recent one from 2005. Yes, it was well casted and they did a great job covering Elvis' life from his teenage years and on. But for the life of me, I'll never understand why the mini-series comes to a screeching halt at the '68 Comeback Special. I was left quite disappointed. They didn't even explore the last 9 years of Elvis' life. Perhaps they wanted to end the mini-series on a high note, and yes, the '68 Comeback Special would've achieved that. And yes, it's a much happier ending than ending with his death........but to me, the whole story was not told in that mini-series. Because of this, I have no plans to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks