What's new

Twin Peaks - murderer identity spoiler (1 Viewer)

Mikal Haydn

Agent
I think i might have spoiled the Twin Peaks murder story arc for myself by reading the soundtrack review at amazon.com. It says that Leland
killed Laura Palmer... is this true? The reviewer was sort of using it as an expression so it may not be right....:frowning:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
As Steve suggested, it's more complicated than just knowing the character's name. If you read no more reviews, you will still have a few unspoiled surprises.

Regards,

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Re the name on amazon.com:

I wonder where they came up with that! I think they were trying to mislead readers on purpose, or else they're just maroons, because that's not right.

I take it you haven't seen anything, the pilot, Fire Walk With Me or the series just released on DVD? If that's the case, and you're planning on watching it (you MUST watch the pilot first!) then don't go around reading any reviews, ok? Forget about spoiling the murder mystery (which, honestly, isn't the most important thing about the whole TP experience anyway) but you might get tipped off on some wonderful little touches in the series that are fun to discover for yourself along the way. Also, stay far far away from Fire Walk With Me! It won't make sense until you've seen everything else first, but there are spoilers in it.

Anyway...

That's not the correct name, so don't worry. Knowing the right name won't mean anything to you anyway, no matter what, at this early point. People's names are not what they seem. While hints are liberally dropped in every episode, you don't learn who the actual murderer is until nearly halfway through the 2nd season. And even then, it will NOT be who you thought sure it was. I guarantee it. You'll understand all, in time.

Do get the soundtrack though, it's really wonderful!!!

Vickie

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Also, if you see a reference to someone getting arrested for the murder, don't let that bother you. Nearly everyone in the cast gets arrested at some point or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks