What's new

tv to dvd? (1 Viewer)

jon_bruno

Auditioning
i'm new to standalone dvd recorders as i'm more into the computer world. My father was considering buying one becuase he thought that you can record straight from tv onto them as a retailer told him. I did'nt think this was possible but I wasn't sure. He has digital cable and uses the regular rca outs for sound and picture. I thought that you couldn't do this, but you needed a DVR for this, to record to the HD.
Sorry for the newbie question
Thanks

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Yes, with a DVD-recorder you can record straight from TV. But for day-to-day TV recording, a DVR is really a far superior solution. The capacity is much larger, no discs to swap in & out, and they have much more powerful software for recording all the shows. With DVR you just set it up to record everything you might want to watch, then watch whatever whenever you feel like it; it's like your own personal video-on-demand system. DVD-R can't quite do that since you'd always have to make sure a disc with space on it is in there, also I don't think you can play back old recordings while it's recording a new one on most of them, at least the ones without hard-drives.

DVD-recorder is really best for making DVDs from your camcorder tapes, and occasionally saving some TV shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks