What's new
World Wide Stereo

TV recommendations for gaming (1 Viewer)

D

Donny24

Looking to replace my Sony 36" tube tv. Kids are currently using it for gaming. ( xbox 360 and Wii ) I started looking through the threads over at avsforum. Wow! It amazes me how *every set on the market has issues :rolleyes:Anyway, Gregg calibrated my Hitachi RPTV and I remember him mentioning this site. Still looks great btw :emoji_thumbsup: Anyway, I'd like to keep the price under $1400. TV will sit in my finished basement. TV to the back wall is 12ft. Kids and I sit ~6-8 ft away when gaming. I've been looking at the Samsung LNT4661F on Amazon. It's $1479, which is in my range with a $100 GC. I've also been looking at the Sammy led DLP sets. The HLT5087s is in my price range as well. What do you think?

728x90

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Don

IMHO the DLP sets are by far the most bang for the buck right now. The DLP also has no burn in issues and have a great picture. If you don't need a flat panel I highly recommend the Samsung DLP's.

D

Donny24

Yeah. I was leaning towards the 50" LED DLP as well. That's what's great. I really don't need an lcd. When I refinished the basement, I built a short platform 7ft w x 2ft d. A dlp would fit nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks