What's new

Subwoofer Recommendations for 4900 cubic foot room (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I got the MiniDSP and ran the EQ process. The curve looks better I guess.

I am now strongly leaning to starting with a single 18" and upgrading to dual later.

Options :
Rythmik FV18 - so tall that it will hit the bottom of my TV. I am going to have to move it from in between the console and the FR speaker to outside the FR speaker.
PSA TV1812 - Just small enough not to hit my TV.
PSA TV2112 - not much more than the 18" but much shorter.

Will I see much of a performance improvement with the TV2112 over the TV1812?

Attachments

• Sub_THX_100_LR_postEQ.jpg
    Sub_THX_100_LR_postEQ.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 197

theJman

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Jim
The graph looks better, but more importantly how does it sound? Objective data only really matters if it sounds good to you. At the end of the day that's the critical part.

It's difficult to compare PSA subwoofers to anyone else's, or even to their own products for that matter. They no longer submit units for review nor publish measurements so there's no way to make an assessment. The only evaluation you'll like get is if you can find an owner and see what they think.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all of the advice. I ended up ordering a single Rythmik FV18 PC for now, and plan on getting a second one down the road. I ultimately chose the Rythmik over the PSA as it is cheaper and a little narrower, so despite the height, I find it easier to integrate into my room.

theJman

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Jim
You chose wisely. I reviewed the aluminum cone version of the FV18 and the thing absolutely rocks. The paper cone is a bit warmer sounding and provides some additional output starting around 40Hz, both qualities that are beneficial given your circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks