What's new

TV "Bugs" (1 Viewer)

SteveK

Supporting Actor
This post isn't exactly about "bugs", but I didn't know what else to call it. This evening as I was playing channel surf, I briefly tuned in USA Networks, as it is one of the first actual channels on the DishNetwork channel lineup. They were showing "Six Days Seven Nights" (in P&S, of course), and the bottom quarter (or perhaps third) of the screen suddenly was blanked out to display a JC Penney logo and tips about detailing a car! Right in the middle of the movie!

USA is one of the many channels I never watch, so perhaps this is typical for them. I know there have long been many complaints about their channel bug being potentially damagaing to the television, and I know that complaints about upcoming program information are frequently discussed here at HTF, but this goes beyond either of those complaints. Not only is car detailing information in the middle of a program obnoxious and distracting, but with a corporate logo displayed, it is just another way to increase advertising time.

My favorite channels are Turner Classic Movies and Fox Movie Channel. Other than an occasional channel bug that displays for a few minutes, you don't see any of this kind of crap on either of those channels. Let's hope it stays that way.

Steve K.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't surprise me. Networks are going to keep doing as much of this kind of thing as they possibly can until everyone stops watching.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't just sit there, though. At least email them and complain, and mention TV burn-through.

Sure, it might just get tossed, but if you don't complain, they'll just assume that it's ok to do.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks