What's new

"Trust me Clark, our friendship is going to be the stuff of Legend" - Smallville (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the first two superman films are great.. I have a site on actress Sarah Douglas from Superman 2.. she played Ursa.. I do watch smallville and like the series very much.. MUCH better then the crap of lois and clark, since dean cain was no superman.. much less a terrible clark too.

JACOB

Lance_R

Stunt Coordinator
Now WB should start a Batman Year One type show and have Batman/Superman crossover type shows.

How cool would that be?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Here's what I say...
Have Bruce Wayne have a similiar several episode run to Victoria's during Season 2. Then spin it off into "Gotham" for a mis-season replacement show:). Have it cover the whole period before donning the cape and cowl, and perhaps a season or so as Batman.

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
Good idea Adam, there could be a "bond" between Bruce and Lana over their shared loss in their past, that could throw a real loop in to smallville for a few shows. Surely Bruce and Lex could run in the same circles, this should be a gimme story line wise.
Would love to see a Dark Knight type of show, going over how Bruce becomes so brooding and yet develops his strength, intelligence and talents.
I smell a petition. :)
I just hope Smallville stays doing well and the people in charge would see there is a market to be tapped.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I could definately see a Dark Knight spinoff of the smallville format. I would call the show "Knightrise"
Of course, they should make Bruce a couple of years older than Clark - maybe a year younger than Lex.
According to the Dark Knight mythology, Bruce Wayne actually travelled the world after college to learn and hone his skills. I could see each season, or several shows in each season, dealing with a specific story ark. For example, Bruce's travels to Tibet to learn meditation, healing and fighting skills from the tibetian monk.
The potential for these kinds of shows are mindblowing. It would attract both young (Dawson's creek, etc) audiences, as well as older audiences who grew up with the characters.
My only request is that WB keep both Smallville & any other similarly themed shows out of the realm of cheesiness a-la Lois & Clark.
Moe.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I just finished watching the episode where the guys did the krypto tattoo's. Currently we really like Lex and dread when he starts turning bad. He has a great friendship with Clark in this series.

On another note, am I the only one who is getting sick of Lana? I know her and Clark can never be an item but she really does have a loser boyfriend that she is wasting her time on. Let's get Clark to the big city, leaving Lana to run the theater in Smallville, and have Clark fawning over a really hot Daily Planet reporter.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
On the up side... if it's 8 seasons away that means 9 seasons of Smallville :)
On the down side... it could go the way of the X-Files and turn crappy half way through :frowning:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Birds of Prey doesn't look that good... Gotham without Batman just isn't Gotham. A show about a paralysed Barbara Gordon, a bastard child of Batman and Catwoman, and a mysterious psychic girl getting therapy from a Dr. Harley Quinnzel just seems to depressing for me. Even by Batman standards.
I'll still watch, though;)

DonWinzen

Stunt Coordinator
To Frank Anderson: I am glad to see someone else besides my wife and I feeling the same way about Lana. I'd prefer to see Clark go with Chloe.

Also, does anyone notice that Lana constantly bobs her head up and down as she talks. I have noticed it for awhile and it is rather obnoxious.

I used to think she was cute but her ongoing loyalty to her boyfriend (think bad relationship) has lost my interest.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Smallville will last 4 years (the high school years), and then you have Clark doing his college years (Metropolis. U.?) for the next 4 years after that (maybe does it in 3 years), and then he goes away (Fortress of Solitude time) and comes back with the snazzy uniform and cape/boots. (Sometimes I pretend the Superboy TV series never ever happened).

I've always contended that Chloe is the prototypical female that Clark truly falls for, and when he meets Lois Lane, it's due to Chloe's influence on him in his high school years. I think Chloe will die, though, within the next 5 years.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But it was foreshadowed in this past episode when Clark wasn't there to save Chloe from harm. Again, Clark will be faced with not been able to save everyone he knows from harm, and it might even be event that gets him over the hump in terms of maturity going from adolescence to adulthood.

Remember, Chloe is a totally new character that's never seen the light of day in the comics themselves (AFAIK), she's "expendable" in that way. Don't get me wrong, I like Chloe more than Lana.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I like Chloe more than Lana.
You lie, you lie!!! You are just jealous some of us are not as receptive to Lana anymore. With her bobbing head (she thinks she is cute) and her insufferable loyalty to her loser boyfriend and her beautiful eyes, hair and... um.... she's not all that you know.
:D

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
umm.

Am I reading this right? Lana is not cute?

ok I am off to get my eyes checked because she definitely does it for me.

She has cute down pat.

my $0.02

DonWinzen

Stunt Coordinator
Doug, I think that Frank would agree with me that Lana is physically cute but she has been trying to hard to "be" cute whereas Chloe is simply cute. No one can deny the actress playing Lana is very attractive. It is an observation that she is becoming tiresome with her act and her persistent loyalty to a guy that doesn't deserve it, namely Whitney.

But Doug do not hold yourself back from being a Lana fan. I will stick with Chloe for now (unless she starts to bob her head a lot when she speaks). LOL

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Doug,

I was trying to be sarcastic and rag on Patrick some. The girl who plays Lana is an extremly beautiful young lady. I am just starting to get sick of how her character is acting. I was really pissed a couple of weeks ago when her and Clark had their first disagreement... and of course she was wrong but did not trust her friend Clark enough to see it. She stuck with her jerkoff boyfriend.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well Frank that's alot like life woman always stay with the guys who treat them like dirt

Mark Wolverton

Stunt Coordinator
Dave, Here, here! What is it about women and bad guys. Do they think they can save them or, change them or something. I mean, I see Lana in a trailor park with torn clothes and a black eye from a passed out Whitney after a drunken stuper. Where is Superman then? Metroplis? Poor Lana. Stuck in a loser relationship. But, won't she get exactly what she deserves?

I'm sorry am I too sinical?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks