What's new

Trouble with Speaker layout (1 Viewer)

Aibrecht

Auditioning
Real Name
Brayden Albrecht
So I take possession of my new place in a few short weeks and first thing I am excited to do is build my first true Home Theater!
Ive set up temporary style home theaters with projector and 5.1 satellite speaker system in a few different house, but now I want to do it properly.

The area I will be working with is roughly a 9' x 22' space. The wall that I will be putting the screen is 9 feet with the staircase on the left side of the screen. At the back wall will be roughly 11 feet with the utility room on the same side as the stairs.

Since the basement is only framed and insulated right now, I am looking into a 7.1 in wall speaker system with 2 rows of seating (one tiered).

Here is where my issues come in,
At the front, my screen is 7.5 feet wide on a 9 foot wall, so I wont have room to do in wall forward facing speakers.

On the left side, the opening to the room seems to be in line with with the main listening position (the front row), so no wall to install a speaker in. I am stuck on ideas of where to put that speaker.

I look forward to any suggestions on a speaker system that would work with this layout!

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I wont have room to do in wall forward facing speakers.
On the left side, the opening to the room seems to be in line with with the main listening position (the front row), so no wall to install a speaker in. I am stuck on ideas of where to put that speaker.
look forward to any suggestions on a speaker system that would work with this layout!

Sounds like you're pretty married to in wall speakers. Is this the case or are you open to other options?

Pictures would be super helpful like Wayne suggested.

Aibrecht

Auditioning
Real Name
Brayden Albrecht
Sorry for the late replies, busy getting last minute things ready.
Unfortunately I wont have pictures until we move in March 23.

I am not stuck on the in wall, but I like the clean look of them hidden in the wall or roof.

I think now 2 tower speakers in the front may work but still stuck on the side

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks