Trouble with "Showoff Displays"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Captain Spaulding, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding Second Unit

Jay
    I've read reports of only great customer service from Showoff,so I'm kind of disappointed with my situation. I ordered a DVD Marquee. About ten days after receiving the initial confirmation of my order,I sent an email asking about my order's status. I have not received a reply. Its been well over two weeks now. My credit card has not been charged,so that is not a problem. I'd just like them to respond to my email so that I know if they have my order. Anyone else have problems with this vendor?

2. PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom Second Unit

I did. I ordered an Atlantic DVD rack (check out my link to see a photo) from them. Sent three emails, made two phone calls and all I got was, "I'll look into it and email you..." Then came the obligatory "If you don't hear from me, call me back." If you send that through the vendor/customer dialog translater you get: "Yeah right, buddy. Call me back a few more times and show me you're serious about the status of your order before you expect me to do something about it."
    As with you, my credit card was never charged, and after four weeks I was pretty sure my order had been lost. Then one morning UPS delivered my rack - the next day my credit card was billed. All in all, a substandard experience bad enough to keep me from making any more showoff purchases.
    Pieter
    ------------------
    Randall: "You can't rent here anymore!"
    Jay: "YEAH!"
    BoomRoom

3. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

I made an order for a DVD Marquee a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything or had my CC charged. You did get your Marquee, right Jay??
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

4. Captain Spaulding

Captain Spaulding Second Unit

Jay
    Yes,I did eventually get it. I even got a phone call from the owner [after he saw my posting here]with a rather long explanation of what had happened. I'm still unsure if I would buy from them again.

5. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

I've still not received my order or had my CC billed. I may need to put in a call to customer service.
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs