What's new

Troll 2 OH...MY....GOD! (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
This is long regarded as one of the worst movies ever made, so when I saw a copy at my local video store I thought I'd give it a shot.

Words cannot describe this movie. Quite simply, it's one of the funniest movies I have ever seen....period! The absolute worst script ever, with lines that literally had me falling off the couch laughing. Even thinking about it the day after I find myself bursting into random fits of uncontrollable laughter. It's well worth the rent if you can find it. Anyone else out there actually seen this one?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Congradulations Matt! You've just witnessed one of THE WORST movies in the history of cinema! :)
I've got that smiley up their, but i'm not kidding! This thing makes Battlefield Earth look like 2001: A Space Odyssey!
The show stopper was when the kid took a piss on the food to stop his family from eating it! :laugh: And what about the name of the town, NILBOG! :rolleyes:And what about that food eh? Cookies with orange shit all over them! And that kid who was turning into a potted plant! :eek:
And is it just me, or did that kids grandfather look and sound a lot like Berle Ives? I kept picturing that snowman from the 'Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer' stop motion special they show every Christmas! I thought that at any moment, he's going to break into that song 'Silver and Gold' or 'Have a Holly Jolly Christmas'!
This would have done Mystery Science Theater 3000 proud! :laugh:

StephenA

Screenwriter
I have yet to see it. I know the first one sucked big time, and I used to love it anyways. I'd probably hate both now, though I give every movie at least one watch.

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Troll 2 is a truly amazing film. It actually used to show up on one of the movie channels (HBO?) with some regularity. There has been speculation on the Mobius Home Video Forum that it was intended to be a straight-faced comedy. It's among the only VHS releases I've rented since buying a DVD player, and I'd happily do it again. Do the rights lie with Paramount?

I disagree that Troll 2 would be good MST3K fare, though. It doesn't really need any commentary to be appreciated.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
I guess it wouldn't hurt, but this must be seen at least once in it's original form. The dialog is just so funny.

For example

[girl to boyfriend] "If my father discovers you here, he'd cut off your little nuts and eat them!"

and

[boy to dead "ghost" grandpa] "Grandpa, are you in hell?" "No! But I know a trick that a friend of mine who went there taught me!"

and "They were monster's dad, horrible beings!"

Seriously folks, if you can find this movie please rent it, you won't be sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks