What's new

Tribute to Brunettes (2 Viewers)

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Don't for forget to take your pills, today, Crawdaddy! Ella Raines has great chemistry with everybody, even Brian Dunlevy, in IMPACT and Rod Cameron in RIDE THE MAN DOWN.
ella_raines-brian_donlevy_in_impact.jpg

ride_the_man_down-232560460-large.jpg

The picture of Ella Raines in the black dress and veil may be from the same shoot as her Life magazine cover.
a  (51).jpg

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Just discovered this thread.
Zowie !! I may never recover.;)

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Deanna Durbin still has her admirers, I'm very pleased to say as I'm one of them.

Deanna Durbin.jpg

When she became too old to pass as a child on screen any longer, she also became very attractive. I very much respect her decision to quit while she was ahead, but I also regret it. She had a lot to offer.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Always been a big fan of Claudine Auger, my favorite Bond girl (from Thunderball).

280full.jpg

51Fyw2SeYEL.jpg

77ed52d58cf2128c9dfdc5239f363bce.jpg

That third picture is superb . . . and rare too. I've never seen it before. Many thanks.

When Thunderball first came out, I found Claudine Auger enormously attractive but, sad to say, she doesn't do anything for me any more. I'd like to see her other films.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Having watched Yvonne Crain in It Happened At The World Fair a few days ago, I'm more than willing to search my collection to see if I have any really good photos of her. I have some very revealing pictures of Sylva Koscina but I think they're too candid for this thread! I have nothing of Sue Lloyd - a grave dereliction of duty on my part.:)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've had a look through my array of Sylva Koscina photos and I've found a few that are tame enough not to arouse the wrath of bluenoses. They might however raise questions about her being a brunette:

26.jpg

I think this was a publicity shot for the film she made with Dirk Bogarde, a film with more than one title.

46.jpg

I've an idea this was to publicize A Lovely Way To Die, a very lightweight movie she made with Kirk Douglas which also generated this compelling image:

Lovely Way To Die, A.JPG

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Yvonne Craig
Off the top of my head, I can't recall which film this photo is publicizing
I've always thought these were publicity photos taken around the time of the In Like Flint film. A wild guess purely based on the hat. She played a Russian dancer in that film.
yvonne-craig-paper-ice-cream.jpg

I am particularly fond of this photo which I believe was taken for her appearance in the Man From U.N.C.L.E. film One Of Our Spies Is Missing.
cd592b139c95f356c69b418663deee11.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've been remiss. I promised to upload the "mean, moody and magnificent" picture of Jane Russell which was reputed to be one of the three most requested my American servicemen during The Second World War.

Jane.jpg

Apologies for the delay, but Jane Russell is well worth waiting for!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I and one other regular poster here - all two of us :) - have a great love for The Story Of Ruth, which starred Elana Eden.

Elana Eden.jpg

She made only one film because 20th Century Fox, facing bankruptcy with the problems and delays on Cleopatra and Something's Gotta Give, cancelled projects and contracts right, left and center. Alas! Elana Eden's career was over before it got properly started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks