What's new

Treated myself to a Nintendo Wii for Christmas !!! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
With my Christmas bonus from work,I treated myself to a Nintendo Wii. Its the red limited edition. It comes with a copy of new super mario bros, Wii sports, remote controller, nunchuck thingie. It also has classic donkey kong preinstalled on the console. Also bought super mario all stars. I think Im going to buy the classic controller just for the mario all stars. I cant get used to playing it with the remote.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You bought your own without waiting to see if Santa had one for you? I recommend the Super Mario Galaxy games.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

You bought your own without waiting to see if Santa had one for you? I recommend the Super Mario Galaxy games.

Are the galaxy games harder than the new super mario bros for wii ?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I think they're a little more complicated. I don't know your level of skill, but my sister loves the sidescrolling games (especially SMB2), but I wouldn't even get her the Galaxy games. Maybe I'm underestimating her, but I'm a pretty decent player and I find it difficult from time to time. They did try to make Galaxy 2 more accessible.

Here are a couple of threads that probably have opinions about this, and hopefully others will chime in:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/264929/super-mario-galaxy-rulez

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/300780/super-mario-galaxy-2

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are excellent games, but getting everything completed in both is extremely tough.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Xenia Stathakopoulou

Thanks Greg !! Ill give them a rent to try them out.

That's an excellent idea. I never rent, so I wouldn't have thought of it. No reason to waste money on a purchase if you might hate it, but you might love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks