What's new

Track the Films You Watch (2008) (3 Viewers)

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
City For Conquest (1940) :star: :star: :star: :star: 1/2

Thanks to Tim Tucker for the list of Cagney and film noir movies. I probably would never have watched this gem of a movie if it wasn't for this challenge.

Danny Kenny played by Cagney is a truck driver who turns into a prize fighter in order to pay his little brother's tuition at a music school. Ann Sheridan is Peg, Danny's childhood girlfriend who has career ideas of her own. Along the way, Danny loses his eyesight due to a blinding powder that was placed on his opponent's gloves. He remains undaunted by his misforture and continues to encourage his brother to fulfill his dream.

This is a very sentimental movie and I couldn't help but shed lots of tears but that's okay. The sentimentality didn't bother me in the least. Here James Cagney shows a softer, gentle side to his character. He is excellent as Danny the truck driver turned boxer with a heart of gold. Ann Sheridan also was outstanding as the girlfriend. Danny stood by her and loved her despite having his heart broken a few times. Arthur Kennedy was also outstanding as the younger brother.

This is a great tear-jerker if you're in the mood and I certainly was.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Pat,
Did you notice Elia Kazan playing the role of Googi in the film before he became a full-time director?

Crawdaddy

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
The Thin Man (1934) :star::star::star:

Smart and funny who-dun-it with memorable characters, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Asta, the cowardly canine comic relief, almost accomplished the task of overshadowing the story itself. We enjoyed it enough to catch the rest of the movies in the future.

As a side note... the names Nick and Nora were a revelation to my wife; on our honeymoon, the fancy restaurant on our cruise ship (the Carnival Miracle) is named after the duo.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Zombie Toxin (1998)

Viewed 1/1/2008 (first viewing)

Two prancing Nazis sell a homemade wine that turns people into flesh-eating zombies. Somehow torture, equine dismemberments, copious vomiting, graphic defecating, flying bottles and druggie nannies figure into the plot. Bizarro entry in the zombie canon wants to be another Bad Taste but comes up short. Still, it's so damn goofy and crudely audacious that you can't help but watch.

:star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Raiders of the Damned (2005)

A squad of soldiers is sent into a post-apocalyptic enclave of intelligent zombies to rescue a captured scientist and blah, blah, blah. Tired tale is by turns murky and just plain stupid. Almost worth seeing for Richard Greico's hammy performance that makes him look like the bastard offspring of Johnny Depp and Brad Dourif.

:star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

A Guy's Guide to Zombies (2007)

Humorous short done in the style of a 1950s public awareness film. What's worse than a zombie? A stinkin' commie!

:star: :star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Rats: A Sin City Yarn (2004)

A war criminal's past catches up with him in this well done, fan-made short based on a Frank Miller story.

Eastern Promises (2007)

David Cronenberg's latest has a dour Russian chauffeur falling for the midwife who has damning evidence against the crime family he works for. Violent, moody thriller is a solid follow-up to A History of Violence.

Yo-Yo Girl Cop (2006)

A teenaged girl is forced by the cops to ferret out student terrorists at a college. Her weapon: a yo-yo! Fun J-thriller.

Fellini Satyricon (1969)

Viewed 1/2/2008 (first viewing)

Federico Fellini's odyssey through ancient Rome. Indulgent of course, but captivating.

Immortal Beloved (1994)

Viewed 1/3/2008

Revisit.

:star: :star: :star: 1/2 out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Lady Chatterley (2006)

Viewed 1/4/2007 (first viewing)

French version of the sexy classic. Long and talky, but engrossing.

Meat for Satan's Icebox (2004)

Viewed 1/5/2008 (first viewing)

Grim, overlong Troma trashfest about a town populated by sadistic cannibals. Includes incest, patricide, necrophilia and Lloyd Kaufman drinking urine. Cheers!

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star:

Wiseguys Vs. Zombies (2003)

Cheapie has two hitmen transporting a cargo of illicit drugs and bodies from New York to Miami. After being stranded in a redneck South Carolina town they discover that the drugs have turned their victims into flesh-hungry and damn near unstoppable zombies! More entertaining than it ought to be, thanks to good chemistry between the leads - when they're not onscreen, things screech to a halt. At any rate, it'd be hard to completely disavow a movie that sports the line "I hope that goat pussy was worth it!"

Trepanator (1991)

Rare French riff on Re-Animator has mad scientist Herbert East wading through gore as he perfects his reanimation serum. Chintzy production isn't anywhere near the trash classic that Re-Animator is, but it has its moments. For some odd reason, most of the action is set in New York where everyone speaks French! Eurohorror auteur Jean Rollin and Maniac Cop director William Lustig have small roles.

The Living Dead in Tokyo Bay (1992)

A meteorite splashes down in Tokyo Bay and unleashes a cloud of toxic gas, turning the citizenry into flesh-eating ghouls. But what the government is up to is even worse! Can an ass-kicking, leather-clad hottie put a stop to it all? Choppy blend of action and horror doesn't have quite the budget it needs, but still manages to entertain. Also known as Battle Girl.

Zombie Love (2006)

A centuries-old zombie falls in love with a mortal girl. But is that love powerful enough to overcome his craving for flesh? And will his undead pals allow this "unholy" union? Winning musical short throws in a Bollywood-style song and dance number for good measure!

"We saved you a kidney!"

Superfly (1972)

Blaxploitation classic has a drug dealer named Priest desperately trying to get out of the buisness. But a hesitant partner and dirty cops stand in his way! Great score by Curtis Mayfield.

The White Sheik (1951)

Viewed 1/6/2008 (first viewing)

Fellini's first solo directorial effort is a charming tale of newlyweds honeymooning in Rome. But what happens when the wife sneaks away to see her favorite movie star, the "White Sheik?"

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia

No, I didn't till I reviewed the credits. That prompted me to refresh my mind on the films that he did as a director. Quite an impressive list if a short one. His career seemed to end in the mid-70's which is a shame. Directors of his era seemed to be alot more prolific.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
On Dangerous Ground

This is from Ray's earlier career (when he made mostly noirs) as opposed to his later career (when he made mostly soap operas), which makes it one of his better films, though not great. The Herrmann score gives it almost a Hitchcock feel at times, but the story isn't much. Interesting that the star, Ida Lupino, doesn't even make an appearance til the film is halfway over.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Kazan had a lot of enemies due to his testimony in the Un-American hearings which probably adversely affected his directing career to a certain degree. Also, he was considered one of the greatest stage directors which decreased his availability to direct films in Hollywood. This is a short list of some of those original Broadway plays he directed and all of them were later made into films. Some of those films he directed and some he didn't.

Without a doubt, I think he was one of the greatest directors, but issues with the Red Scare has overshadowed his wonderful career.
  • Death of a Salesman
  • A Streetcar Named Desire
  • Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
  • All My Sons
  • Sweet Bird of Youth

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

I still remember when he got his Oscar several years back and all this controversy started back up. I remember them getting DeNiro and Scorsese out there to try and "protect" them but several of the actors just sat on their hands instead of cheering for him. I remember feeling sick at my stomach since they should have been cheering for what he did for movies instead of bringing political issues into the mix. I believe it was Nick Nolte who you could see cussing him and God knows this guy has had his own issues since then.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
1/5: Blade Runner: Theatrical Cut (1982) :star::star::star:1/2 out of :star::star::star::star::star:
1/6: Blade Runner: Internation Theatrical Cut (1982) :star::star::star:1/2 out of :star::star::star::star::star:
1/6: Blade Runner: Director's Cut (1992) :star::star::star: out of :star::star::star::star::star:
1/6: Blade Runner: Workprint (1990) :star::star::star: out of :star::star::star::star::star:

Blade Runner is a decent noir picture with lots of atmosphere and imagination, but a lot of the praise and hype it gets is undeserved from my perspective. The film's chief problem is its tendency to move very deliberately and drench a scene in atmosphere instead of story. The whole section just before the hour mark that ends in Zhora's death is too slow for my taste. Roy Batty is fun to watch, but I wouldn't have picked his dialogue as particularly quotable like some on this forum.

The theatrical cuts are quite similar, but I prefer the less violent American release. I'm a big fan of the Deckard voiceovers and the happy ending, so the later versions lose half a star for the omission. I know that Ridley thinks Deckard is a replicant, but I do not. There are certainly some similarities between the detective and his prey, but I don't think there are enough to make a literal connection. Even if he is, how does that make it a better story?

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ (1925) :star::star::star:

I finally sat down to watch the 1925 silent version of this story, and from the very beginning I went in completely biased to the 1959 remake by William Wyler, as that is what I consider to be possibly the greatest film ever made. I have to give credit where it's due; the 1925 movie as directed by Fred Niblo is remarkable for its time. What stood out most for me was the cinematography, which really was ahead of many silent films I've seen. I didn't care for Ramon Navarro as a rather boyish Ben-Hur, though -- certainly not as compared to the iconic and magnificent Charlton Heston -- and comparisons are going to be inevitable in a case such as this. There were some amazing camera shots in this version, and most of the big sequences compare favorably to the 1959 film. The only scene which I might say comes close to actually topping the redo is the battle at sea. The chariot race is outstanding, but I'd have to give the nod of superiority to Wyler's version. I also thought the scenes with Judah running into Jesus Christ were much more prolific in the sound remake; not one of them in the silent version comes even close to capturing that emotion for me. In the final analysis, I'd say that I probably only truly enjoyed the Niblo film about three stars' worth personally ... however, I am granting it a little more because it deserves that, if not compared to the 1959 classic and when evaluated for the time in which it was filmed.

42nd Street Freak

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

Going to start to watch my 5 disc set tomorrow.
Only seen the Theatrical version, and that as on VHS years ago! I had no problem with the Theatrical cut myself.

Any thoughts on the 'Final Cut'. Most like it best but say it would be better without the whole 'he's a replicant/unicorn' scenes.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

It's nice to see you finally watched this and enjoyed it so much. I'm not sure if you can get around comparing the two versions but I'd say the race scenes are about equal but I'd give the ship battle a nod to this version. This is certainly one of the crowning achievements in the silent era because of the technical quality, which to me was the most ground breaking American film since TBOAN.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
01/05/08

Planet of the Apes (2001) :star::star: Tim Burton

Lackluster remake of the 1968 film has an astronaut (Mark Wahlberg) crash landing on a planet where apes are kings and humans are slaves. Even though I had heard nothing but negative things about this film I went in with an open mind because most of the bad reviews I heard were from die-hard fans of the original but the film turned out to be a major dud. The most shocking thing is that Burton didn't bring any energy or excitement to the film. The first hour drags by so bad that I was having a hard time staying awake. The film picks up during it's final act but even then the battle scenes aren't as good as they should have been. I did like the ending though. Wahlberg sleepwalks through his role but I enjoyed the supporting cast. I thought Tim Roth and Helena Bonham Carter were very good in their roles and I also enjoyed Michael Clarke Duncan. Kris Kristofferson and Charlton Heston also come off good in their small roles. The screenplay is rather weak and the reworked lines from the original film come off very lame. Burton tries a lot of things in the film but I think he's held back by the PG-13 rating. I think the director should have delivered an R-rated movie and went all out on the various messages that are hinted out throughout the film and made the battle scenes real battle scenes.

Coffins on Wheels (1941) :star::star::star:1/2 Joe Newman

Entry in MGM's 'Crime Does Not Pay' series talks about used car salesmen who sell lemons to buyer who don't know any better. The ending here is predictable but that doesn't take away from the entertainment level. I think this is one of the best short series out there and this is another winning film. The movie certainly holds your interest from start to finish with some nice drama and serving justice.

Whistler, The (1944) :star::star:1/2 William Castle

First film in Columbia's series has Richard Dix playing a man wanting to commit suicide due to the death of his wife but he doesn't have the courage to do so. Wanting to die, Dix hires a killer (J. Carrol Naish) to do the job but then he learns that his wife is still alive so he too must try and stay alive. Based on a radio show, this first film is actually pretty entertaining due to some nice direction by Castle and the two leads turning in fine performances. The story itself is pretty interesting and the B-budget gets all out of it that it can. Dix makes for a very good leading man and his performance is very good especially during his depression scenes. Naish is a great character actor and makes for a very good killer. Gloria Stuart plays Dix secretary and does nice work, although she has the weakest character.

Crowd Roars, The (1932) :star::star:1/2 Howard Hawks

Standard Warner drama about a cocky race car driver (James Cagney) who brings his younger brother (Eric Linden) into the sport and soon the two have a falling out. Cagney eventually loses his nerve and falls from grace and must try to works his way back up. Hawks is credited with the story but it's somewhat hard to believe that he would come up with such a standard and typical story. The movie is entertaining due in large part to Cagney who once again turns in a good performance. He's his usual cocky self and the screenplay allows him to do things we've seen from him in the past including one scene where he gets tough with Ann Dvorak. Cagney shines the best during his breakdown scene, which comes off very well. Joan Blondell co-stars as Cagney's girl and she does a nice job as well. The story is very predictable and really doesn't have one original idea but there's some very good racing scenes. The screenplay is also quite hard on racing fans and the claim that all they want to see is blood. There's one violent death scene that happens during a race that is very memorable.

Four Flies on Grey Velvet (1971) :star::star:1/2 Dario Argento

Final film in Argento's animal trilogy has a musician (Michael Brandon) accidentally killing a stalker but then the real trouble starts when another stalker shows up trying to kill him. I guess since this isn't on DVD certain fans talk it up as if it's a lost masterpiece but it really isn't. That's not to say this isn't a decent little film but it's certainly no way near the director's best. Argento brings his usual nice style to the film and has some great murder sequences, which are full of suspense. The murder on the stairs is certainly one of the film's highlights. The director also manages to get some good performances from the cast with Brandon making a good leading man. Mimsy Farmer is good as the wife but it's Jean-Pierre Marielle who steals the show as a gay detective. I think the film's biggest problem is the story, which isn't that special. The idea of a guilty man being stalked is an interesting one but Argento does very little with it and I picked up on who the killer was very early in the film. Ennio Morricone's score also adds a lot of tension to the film and fits the movie nicely.

01/06/08

Burning, The (1981) :star::star::star: Tony Maylam

Review posted in 2006

Notorious 80’s slasher was the first film by Miramax and was written and produced by the Weinstein boys and also features small roles by Jason Alexander (with hair), Holly Hunter and Fisher Stevens. A camping prank goes terribly wrong and a gardener is burned all over his body. Six years later he escapes and heads back to camp to slaughter some teens. I can’t believe it took me so long to see this somewhat legendary film but I kept putting it off because horror fans seem to hype up a lot of bad films. Over the years no other film had gotten so much hype but the movie certainly lived up to every bit of it. The special gore effects by Tom Savini are all wonderful and in this uncut version they go way beyond any other film of its era. The movie is incredibly mean spirited with its violence including one scene where five kids on a raft run into the killer. This segment is probably the greatest I’ve seen from any slasher. This film also contains more nudity than any other film of its type. Put all this together and I see why the film has become notorious over the years. There’s no doubt this was influenced by the previous year’s Friday the 13th but I’d say this here is just as good, if not better than all of those films.

Added comments: Revisited this one since IFC just showed it a few days ago. I enjoyed it just as much this time and I'd probably say it is better than any of the F13 films. The effects by Savini are terrific and probably the best of his career.

Becoming John Ford (2007) :star::star::star:1/2 Nick Redman

Very good documentary that covers John Ford's years at Fox. Considering we just had a Ford documentary last year I really wasn't expecting this to offer anything new but it actually does. The one negative thing about the film is that I wish it would have spent more time discussing his silent films and talking about some of the ones that are now lost. Outside of that, this film centers on the Fox years and makes some very interesting comments about Ford the person and how this person leaked into his movies. It was somewhat sad to hear how Henry Fonda and Ford had their falling out with the director punching the actor but I guess that's just Ford. There's a lot of style on display here that seems out of place at times but this is still a good introduction to the Fox years.

Battle of Midway, The (1942) :star::star::star: John Ford

Henry Fonda and Donald Crisp add narration to the battle scenes shot by John Ford where the director was even wounded by enemy fire. There's really no story being told in this documentary but instead we just see a part of history in beautiful Technicolor. God knows everyone has seen countless war films but there's something unique seeing real ones here. They certainly look a lot different than what we've seen in countless fake movies.

Judge Priest (1934) :star::star::star:1/2 John Ford

Wonderful film has Will Rogers playing the title role who has his own way of making justice prevail. Set in a small Kentucky town, the judge must battle a wide range of subjects but all of them seem to center around a mysterious man who is charged with assault. I wasn't too thrilled with the previous Rogers/Ford film that I watched but this one here hits all the right marks. Ford's love of Southern loyalty is certainly on full display from start to finish but he also paints a film that isn't really about anything yet it's about everything. Ford paints a terrific and authentic view of the South and even manages to work other items in like patriotic war battles and moving on in time. I think some of the best moments happen between Rogers and a black man named Jeff (Stepin Fetchit) who the judge saved from being hung. The two share several scenes together and their relationship comes off very sweet and human. The performances are all extremely good with Rogers leading the way as the soft spoken judge. Tom Brown and Anita Louise are also very good as Rogers' nephew and his girlfriend. The scene stealer comes from Henry B. Walthall who plays a Reverend with a secret past that comes out during the final courtroom scene. It's forgotten today that at one time Walthall was considered one of the greatest actors out there and his performance here is very thrilling and certainly grabs ones attention.

Power of the Whistler, The (1945) :star::star: Lew Landers

Third film in the series has Richard Dix being hit by a car and losing his memory. A card reader (Janis Carter) befriends the man as the two search for his real identity but who he turns out to be is the real shock. Based on a radio show episode, this film manages to be somewhat entertaining, although it seems long even at just 66-minutes. It takes a while for the story to get going but the twist in the man's identity comes out of no where and is handled very well. This is when the film really picks up and leads to a very good final act. Dix is very good in his role and Carter comes off good as well. Landers steps in to direct this one after William Castle handled the first two. I was a little letdown that he didn't keep the action moving better because he usually handles these B films a lot better. There's some nice humor scattered throughout and also a rather mean spirited side, which includes killing of a lot of animals.

Skidoo (1968) :star::star: Otto Preminger

Extremely bizarre comedy has gangster battling hippies in the lovin' 60's. A retired gangster (Jackie Gleason) is asked by the top gangster, God (Groucho Marx) to break into prison and kill a rat (Mickey Rooney). On the outside Gleason's daughter has started dating a hippie and its up to them to try and save her dad. This was a notorious flop when originally released but it has gained a cult following over the years and in the end the film really isn't all that bad. I think the biggest problem is that Preminger simply wasn't the right guy to direct the material. He's got some great comic actors yet he gets very little from them. Most of the comedy comes from politically incorrect stuff or things that weren't meant to be funny but they come off that way. The highlight of the film is when Gleason is in prison and accidentally takes some LSD and has a wild trip afterwards. Marx also smokes some pot, which is somewhat funny but Rooney comes off rather lame. The supporting cast includes Carol Channing, Frankie Avalon, Peter Lawford, Burgess Meredith, George Raft and Cesar Romero. The film eventually runs out of steam in the final act, which again deals with an LSD trip but the jokes plays itself out way before the end.

Miracle Money (1938) :star::star::star:1/2 Leslie Fenton

Another winning entry in MGM's "Crime Does Not Pay" series. This time out we take a look at doctors who tell people they have cancer just so that they can scam them for money on a fake cure. Like others in the series, I guess you could say this is overly dramatic but to me that just leads to plenty of entertainment. There's plenty of drama throughout the short and one can't help but want to see the bad guys punished in the end.

Fort Knox: Secrets Revealed (2007) :star::star:1/2 Unknown

History Channel documentary about the secret history of Fort Knox, Kentucky and all the gold there. It's funny but I grew up fifteen-minutes from Ft. Knox and never really payed too much attention to its history. We all knew what was there and so on but this is actually the first time I've watched or read anything about the history. The film is okay in its early parts as it talks about why it was built in a rundown part of Kentucky and what the main purpose was. The rumors of what all goes on there also made for an interesting segment but the film starts to go off track in its second part when it deals with Gen. Patton and his building the area up for armour combat.

01/07/08

Larceny, Inc. (1942) :star::star::star: Lloyd Bacon

Three convicts (Edward G. Robinson, Broderick Crawford, Edward Brophy) plan to rob a bank by buying the luggage store next door and digging through the wall. Everything is going as planned until the store becomes a huge hit and the men decide to go straight but another con (Anthony Quinn) shows up and wants the bank robbed. This is a pretty pleasant little comedy that has plenty of funny moments but also a lot of heart. Robinson is perfect in his role and brings a real cuteness to the film. Perhaps it's seeing this tough guy trying to wrap up some luggage but he comes off like a teddy bear and makes for a very loveable character. Crawford and Brophy add terrific support and their coming timing adds a great many laughs. The supporting cast is just as great with Jane Wyman, Jack Carson and Quinn doing nice work. I almost didn't recognize him but Jackie Gleason has a couple great scenes as a soda clerk. Highlights include a great scene where Crawford walks out in front of a car to get some money and a prison baseball game early in the film. Woody Allen's Small Time Crooks borrows very heavily from this film that there's really no question that Allen's film is a remake.

Movies, The (1925) :star::star: Roscoe 'Fatty' Arbuckle

Lloyd Hamilton plays a country boy who goes to NYC and gets mixed up with a hot-head before landing a spot in the movies as a stand-in. This film was made a couple years after Arbuckle's infamous rape/murder case so he was working under his fake name of William Goodrich. This film also served as a comeback for star Hamilton who had also been blacklisted over a stabbing incident, which he wasn't involved with but it still ruined his career. Hamilton was a big silent star but today he just comes off as a mix between Chaplin and Harold Lloyd. He had a couple funny bits here but nothing that would make me go out and search for more of his film.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
The Gay Divorcee

This film is, in everyway, a prototype for the following year's Top Hat, down to the mistaken-identity motif and almost all of the main actors. Top Hat is however, vastly superior, in terms of music, dancing and story, but this one is OK if you don't compare it too much to Top Hat.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Demons From Her Past (2007) :star: 1/2

A woman returns to her hometown 25 years after a crime she went to prison for but which she never committed.
Allison was accused of vehicular manslaugher as a teenager. A group of friends had been out driving and had been drinking. Allison was the only sober one of the group. Casey her boyfriend at the time drunkenly held her foot to the gas pedal and a young ten year old boy died as a result. Everyone fled the scene except for Allison who was accused of manslaugher due to the fact that her friends lied and said she was alone in the vehicle. She was sentenced to 5 years in jail and served 3. 25 years later she returns and tries to get justice by obtaining confessions from the others that were in the car.

This is a made for tv movie and is pretty standard fare for tv. Surprisingly, I found myself enjoying this movie. What ruined it for me is: why do co-conspirators have to confess to the person they strongly suspect of murder, that they are going to the police? Idiots. This happens too much in movies, and this particular one was ruined as a result.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia

An impressive list indeed. I remembered the incident at the Academy Awards but wasn't too familiar with him back then so I forgot about the incident and who was involved. It's too bad that directors and any artist can't be judged on their work without all the baggage that shadows them from their personal life.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well considering that what Kazan did was part of blacklisting writers and actors and preventing them from working in Hollywood and doing their work, it's not just something in his "personal life" but something he did that very much adversely affected Hollywood product as well as people's lives.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Variety Time

A rather long (about an hour) version of what usually showed up as a short in theaters, with Jack Paar introducing a variety of acts. Hard to believe people would have paid to see this as a feature, but it's certainly too long to be a short. Forgettable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually, the people Kazan named were already known by the committee and were either already blacklisted or would've been in the near future. IMO, I think it was a regretable and unfortunate situation for all of those film artists as well as a dark time for our country. Furthermore, I think we as film lovers suffered a great loss too because we will never know how many great films we were denied from those artists that were blacklisted. Some of those talented and creative people were just hitting their stride during that time.

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia

Don't get me wrong. I'm not condoning what he did, but it certainly won't stop me from enjoying any of his movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks