What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Toy Story 2 Censored Scene (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Yep, people today are a lot more uptight. Somehow the generation of free love managed to raise a generation of pearl-clutching prudes. :P
I've seen quotes from millenials declaring Sean Connery's James Bond a rapist. And there's pearl clutching at the fact that he (gasp!) "murders" Russian people.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've seen quotes from millenials declaring Sean Connery's James Bond a rapist. And there's pearl clutching at the fact that he (gasp!) "murders" Russian people.

They might not be wrong.

It’s only suggested in the Goldfinger film, but is much more explicit in the novel - Pussy Galore is a lesbian and Bond rapes her to “make” her straight.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
They might not be wrong.

It’s only suggested in the Goldfinger film, but is much more explicit in the novel - Pussy Galore is a lesbian and Bond rapes her to “make” her straight.
They weren't talking about the novels, only the films, which is why they referenced Connery, not Fleming. The sex between PG and Bond that ends the novel is not rape. I have no idea why you would make such a claim.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Different time. Nudity was acceptable for a "G", and "PG" rated film up until the 80's. Some early PG-13 would be "R" today.

I think some Gs got away with "innocent" nudity like a non-sexual shot of a butt, so the scene with the guy's ass didn't shock me.

A topless female - an attractive one - like in "Andromeda"? That's still the shocker for me.

The only rationale I see might've been that the topless woman was dead so that "desexualized" the nudity...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm still shocked Airplane was and still is only PG.

Between the jokes and the bevy of bouncing breasts (both clothed and not), I'm shocked it hasn't been upped to a hard R by now.

And that's the difference between 1980 and now. Innocent boobs and Gladiator Movies didn't automatically deserve an R rating.

The following year, 20th Century-Fox released Mel Brooks' History of the World: Part 1 which had a Panavision tracking shot of men's bare butts. It was Rated R. It is now owned by Disney, who got away with a PG for Never Cry Wolf two years later despite the blink-and-you'll-miss-it full frontal nudity of Charles Martin Smith.*

*Also rated PG was 1985's Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend, an early Touchstone release that featured a full-frontal nude shot of an African woman and her son while William Katt had to wear white boxer shorts to go swimming in a river. Disney seems to have a problem with movies about dinosaurs. First this flopped, then 1999's Dinosaur took a box-office nosedive (ask Don Bluth why), and even Pixar couldn't break the streak with The Good Dinosaur, just their heretofore unbroken streak of box office hits. The 1991-1994 TV show Dinosaurs was an outlier, and that had Jim Henson Productions' involvement at every turn, but ABC seemed determine to make it as hard to find as possible, even giving it the Punky Brewster/Futurama "death by football runover" treatment at one point.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
A quote from this month's edition of Film Comment: The success story of the last few years in American popular picture-making has been the triumph of the Walt Disney Company under the stewardship of Bob Iger, the conspicuous financial windfall of which all competitors have sought to imitate.

Disney has been creating a film industry devoid of the innovation championed by its founder. There's a good op-ed in yesterday's The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/11/cinema-disney-broken-up

After the discussion about the removal of the offending Toy Story 2 "outtake" during the end credits, it's interesting to note the last sentence in that op-ed: "Still, it’s hard not to speculate that Disney has its own firm ideas of what kind of storytelling its viewers want".

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I just watched it last night. Not even in the stratosphere of the normal BD. The video and audio are quite simply amazing. They excel in every way, and make the 1080P present look flat, and dull, and that is saying a whole lot about the UHD because the BD was pretty impressive. Wow!

Last edited:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
I'm still shocked Airplane was and still is only PG.

Between the jokes and the bevy of bouncing breasts (both clothed and not), I'm shocked it hasn't been upped to a hard R by now.

Films only get re-rated if studios resubmit them to the MPAA, and it usually isn't worth the effort (though I know Sony and MGM have had many of their late 60s/early 70s films reclassified, especially if they had an outdated G/M/GP or X rating. The Sabata films come to mind, with some of them now being PG-13).

Imagine if Disney resubmitted Pinocchio for classification - it would be PG-13 for depictions of minors smoking and drinking alcohol alone.

Reactions: PMF

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I found it amusing that The Wizard of Oz was rated G when ratings first started and has stayed that way, but the 3D conversion had to be submitted again for rating and got a PG that time- so the back cover of the 3D Blu-Ray shows a PG rating for the 3D version and a G for the original 2D, even though both are the same content-wise.

Back to Toy Story 2, for anyone who has any sort of digital copy of it- was the offending 'outtake' included in that, and if so are you still able to view it with that intact or has it still been cut?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks