What's new

Toy Story 2 Censored Scene (2 Viewers)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Apparently this scene from the end credits has been censored from current video and streaming due to sexual misconduct per NY Daily News and other news outlets.

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I don't see anything out of line there, looks OK to me. The media is reading too much into things like this.
Agreed. They're trying to put a #MeToo spin on this, which begs the following questions:
  1. Is the behaviour of the character acceptable? No.
  2. Is the behaviour of the character portrayed in a positive light? No, because by this time in the narrative, the character is established as a villain, and so such behaviour is completely in line with what we would expect of such a character.
  3. Is this behaviour portrayed in a way that encourages imitation? Debatable.
  4. Is the behaviour portrayed in a way that encourages discussion after viewing the film? Yes; and
  5. Given that the scene is an outtake or blooper played at the end of the movie, what is the likelihood that it will be skipped, either on physical media or streaming? High.
So much ado about nothing.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
What bugged me the most about that bit was how the box suddenly got taller for the Barbies to fit. It's shorter the rest of the time.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
No animated film of theirs is safe now, the only film that might not get edited for future re-releases would be original The Jungle Book and Robin Hood, but I'm sure if someone looked hard enough they could find something wrong with those two films as well.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
And there, in a nutshell, is the argument for physical media.
I thought they altered it on the 4K disc too? If so, you can keep your previously released discs with that scene intact until they fail, but it looks like they're altering more than just streams. IMO, it's not a simple disc versus streaming issue as they're editing both home video formats.

Last edited:

Voon Jiet

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Voon
This is why I insist on physical discs for all my favourite movies.

Is the blu ray that comes with the 4K UHD affected?

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
These are now the individuals that hold 20th Century Fox films. How much more censorship may be on the way?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I don't agree with the change, but I imagine the fact that it was also directed by John Lasseter probably was another consideration/trigger to make the change. Once Lasseter was revealed to be a creep, I'd imagine everything he touched is being looked at in a new light.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
[CENSORED]

Dear Sir

I wish to strongly object to Mr. Perregaux reply being censored.
Censoring in general I feel has gotten way out of hands these days.
Just the other day I was in the middle of <div class="fr-spoiler">The rest of this letter has
been censored due to the col. addressing the subject of censorship.
The col. should have know better of addressing such an issue as this one.
He has been severely reprimanded by having this body drawn and quartered
and his brain lobotomized to further insure that this does not happen again</div>

Yours sincerely

Col. Houndsworth-Johnson-Smith-Jones (Mrs.)

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I thought they altered it on the 4K disc too? If so, you can keep your previously released discs with that scene intact until they fail, but it looks like they're altering more than just streams. IMO, it's not a simple disc versus streaming issue as they're editing both home video formats.

Damn. I didn't know that. My copy is still sealed. Now I'm debating returning it and just keeping the old BD. This is my favorite Toy Story film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks