What's new

Toy Story 2 Censored Scene (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Damn. I didn't know that. My copy is still sealed. Now I'm debating returning it and just keeping the old BD. This is my favorite Toy Story film.
I have not ordered any of the Toy Story 4K releases yet, as I was waiting for a price drop. However, with this news, I have decided to pass on all three and will just keep my old BDs. Di$ney just saved me some money.

Last edited:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Damn. I didn't know that. My copy is still sealed. Now I'm debating returning it and just keeping the old BD. This is my favorite Toy Story film.
Might as well keep the 4K edition along with your original Blu-ray which has the villainous outtake.
And be vigilant just in case your local Brownshirts chapter is reading this and shows up as your door.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The only thing surprising about this news is that it took Disney 20 years to do it. Removing "objectionable" material from their animated films on home video has been the mouse-house's MO since at least the VHS days.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Well, The fact that I already purchased the disc I couldn't resist the temptation and opened it up. Will check the quality later. But I tell you it just feels wrong like I bought a classic novel that has been abridged.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The only thing surprising about this news is that it took Disney 20 years to do it. Removing "objectionable" material from their animated films on home video has been the mouse-house's MO since at least the VHS days.

I don't think the scene stood out as "objectionable" until the Weinstein stuff hit. Because the 4K offers the first release of "TS2" since the MeToo era began, it's the one that got the cut...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
All of the people here who defended Disney's "right" to censor their classic animated films and alter the work of their animators should be very happy with their "good" work here. Next up, Si and Am from "Lady and The Tramp" and the Hooker in Toy Story 1.
I do not remember a hooker in TS1, refresh my memory please. I should say I am weary of cats being type-cast as villains, but do not support retro-fitting movies.

Reactions: PMF

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I do not remember a hooker in TS1, refresh my memory please. I should say I am weary of cats being type-cast as villains, but do not support retro-fitting movies.

Lead1.jpg

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
By removing the scene, they've brought way more attention to it than it ever would have had if they had left it on the 4K. Even more amusing is that every story I've seen on its removal, includes the clip on You Tube so if Disney's goal was to distance themselves from the scene, it's not working at all.

It is just so freaking weird to me. These are talking toys in an animated movie. I can't even begin to imagine the discussion in a board room to eliminate that scene. Maybe it was something like this--

Person 1: Yeah, that scene is just about as offensive as can be. I think if we leave it in, there will be public outrage. And you know what, I wouldnt blame anyone for being upset. It is a horrible, unspeakable scene.

Person 2: I don't know , I just see a harmless little animated goofball. I'm not offended.

Person 1: well, I'm actually offended, that you are not offended by the scene. I want you to take the weekend to think deeply about why you weren't bothered by it. I hope for your sake you will realize just how corrupt, damaging it is. BTW it is going to be deleted out of the movie forevermore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks