What's new

Totem Mite Vs. Axiom M22Ti (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Anybody do a head to head comparison? I can get the Totem for the same price of the Axioms.

Paul Chalk

Stunt Coordinator
I've never heard the Axioms before, but I can tell you the Totem Mite is the best music mini-monitor I've heard for under $1000. They retail at $750, so it's a steal if you can get them at the same cost as the M22Ti.

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
I'm not sure how meaningful an opinion this will be but I run A set of 5 Totem Model 1's for music with Axiom QS4's added for film.

The Axiom product I use does a geat job for what it was designed for but I really don't feel that any Axiom product on a one for one basis is (or is meant to be) compared to a Totem speaker.

The other thing you should keep in mind is that most Totems are 4ohm with a sensitivity around 87 so they need some hefty amperage to do them justice.

Peter m.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator

True, although the Mites are designed for 8Ohms. We've had good success pairing them with fairly midrange stereo and surround recievers.

In one instance, we demo'd them with the strange and kind of nasty Motorola DCP501 surround reciever/DVD/Digital Cable box combination unit, and the Mites rose above their amplifier, and we sold a few pairs from that demo setup.

Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks