What's new

Total noob at home theater hookup (1 Viewer)

Tim 13

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Hey Jerome,
Before you made your suggestion, I jumped the gun a bit and ordered some supplies off of Amazon that I thought would work.
Basically, I have about a two-foot-long 3.5mm cable, and that would be what would go into the sub out of the subwoofer. But, as I said, the subwoofer jack on the receiver isn't big enough to accept a 3.5mm plug, so I went and made some mistakes. Firstly, I hooked that cable up to an RCA splitter.
Basically, this is what came with the speakers:
798490a4_31NZecNOCLL._SS500_.jpeg

Then I hooked the two RCA cables into an adaptor:
a1b8c676_41yTGBnnpqL.jpeg

And here was my mistake. Then, for the adaptor, I got a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male plug:
15ed9c40_41g6qPVHGjL.jpeg

It seemed good on paper, but in fact, the 2.5mm male plug is too small for the subwoofer input on the receiver. So, I'm really at my wit's end. If you still say that the item you showed me is the answer to my problems, then I'll order it and try to get back into the groove, but for now, I can't figure out what actually fits into that input.
For now, my speakers are running in stereo thanks to this little piece of crap:
74c3eed7_21uswx0eHJL.jpeg

But I am aware that that does not issue true 5.1 surround sound, so I'm anxious to get off of that as soon as I can. Please let me know if you have any more suggestions.
-Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks