What's new

Toshiba SD4700 DVD Player (1 Viewer)

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know anything about this player? It has progressive scan and DVD-Audio and can be had online for $250. I was dead set on the Pani RP91 till I saw this. Does thr 4700 compare to the RP91? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.
------------------
Link Removed

derekyeu

Auditioning
This player is not out yet. No one seems to know too much inside detail on this player. It most likely will be using the Zoran's newest DVD chip to do MPEG decoding and de-interlacing. It may be very similar to the SD3750 in terms of hardware. It's just a difference on turning some features on or off on the different models. The SD3570 has no DVD-audio support, but the video spec. seems to be the same. You can pick one up at Bestbuy for $189 to check it out while you wait for the SD4700 to arrive. It should be available in November.

BrianSC

Auditioning
As far as I can tell the 3750 doesn't do aspect ratio control like the 4700. It only has a feature that allows you to zoom in on parts of the picture.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Brian

Gregg Hart

Stunt Coordinator
So basically the 4700 is a 3750 but with DVD-Audio?
Sounds cool to me and much cheaper than any of the other progressive scan/DVD-A players out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks