What's new

Toshiba DVD player problem? (1 Viewer)

Bob-Smith

Agent
My Toshiba SD4700 DVD player refuses to play the TVA Films 3 disc version of Brotherhood of the Wolf. The player will display the "Warning" screen in English and French, and then will lock up. I must power down the unit before it will play other DVD's. Other DVD's play fine.

Anybody else experience this? I have not yet tried the discs in a different player.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Do you have other all-region (region 0) DVDs? If they play fine, there's probably a problem with your specific discs. If they all exhibit the problem too, and they are regular, 'offical' DVDs, go back to the dealer with your player.

Cees

Paul Dyer

Auditioning
I can play this on My SD4700 if I use the fast forward through the warnings etc., until I reach the main screen for choosing scene, audio options, etc. Then I have no problems. If you do not fast forward, it will lock as you have discovered. I must be honest and admit that I did not discover this "secret," but rather I found the answer here on the forum back when this dvd set was new.

Bob-Smith

Agent
Wow Paul, I hope this works for me!!! I just tried the DVD in my neighbor's Yamaha DVD player and it worked fine, and he asked if he could watch the movie tonight. So . . . I can't try your "trick" till tomorrow. Thanks a bunch!! :)

Bob-Smith

Agent
For those of you that didn't already reach this conclusion, this forum rocks!!! Paul Dyer suggested the fast forward "secret" to get BOTW to skip the lock up, and he is absolutely right. Paul, I would love to buy you a beer, a large iced tea, or something. Thanks!!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks