What's new

Toshiba DLP bulb question (1 Viewer)

Brad_Cox

Agent
I have a couple of questions about the Toshiba DLP sets. My Dad is considering the 72 DLP from Toshiba but I have worried him because I have heard from various forums that the bulbs go out about every 2 years and they cost a couple hundred bucks.Is this true?

Also a salesmen told him that you only had to remove about 1 or 2 screws and it could easily be changed without calling out a service person. Is this true? If that is the case then I am pretty sure he would move forward with the purchase.

Thanks.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Yes and yes.

the bulb should be changed after light output drops by 30 %

Regards

Gregg

John S

Senior HTF Member
Gotta put a new lamp in ever so often, they are easy as pie to change. Well unless your lamp explodes which also happen, still user service-able though.

So far I have not found one owner that has found this to be an issue though. If he or you think it will be, go with a more maint free display.

Brad_Cox

Agent
Thank you all for the information. My Dad's main concern was having to get a service person every time this happened. As long as it is something you can do yourself it isnt much of an issue.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks