What's new

Asking for help, have more info and questions (1 Viewer)

Bob Elliott

Agent
I am setting up a home theater in my living room. I have a picture of the room but no web site. I don't know how to post a picture from my hard drive. If someone can help me withthis please let me know.

Anyway I measured the throw distance and came up with 14 feet. I am not sure what size the image would need to be yet since I haven't mounted tha speakers in the wall. At this point that is a variable.

This projector will be mainly used for movies. I may hook up a computer in the future but not right now. Would I be better off with a LCD or DLP projector? What is the difference? I know that you have to replace the bulb in a DLP projector. Is there any maintenance with a LCD? Do you have any models you woudl suggest?

I can get good prices on the following brands: Optoma, Toshiba, Zenith, Pioneer and Sharp so I woudl like to stick with these brands if possible. I would like any suggestions even if it isn't in this list.

Is there a web site I can check out to reasearch projectors that woudl help me?

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks