What's new

Toshiba 65HX83 Questions (1 Viewer)

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
I've had a 50H81 for a couple of years and have been doing a 56-point convergence on it every 4 months or so. About a month ago I got a 65HX83, and now that it's well past its break-in, I decided to do the 56-point on this set. Things went pretty well, with 2 exceptions:

- When setting the overscan on the 50H81, I used the HPOS parameter to shift the display horizontally. I could not find the HPOS on the new set, nor could I find any paramter that would give me a horizontal shift. What do I use now?

- The key on the remote did not turn the blue grid on and off. Fortunately I still have my 50H81, so tested the remote and found that the 50H81's key worked fine on the 65HX81. But what key on the new remote to I use to turn on/off the blue grid?

Maybe all I need is a link with information to help me resolve these 2 problems??

One thing I've never really figured out with either set . . . I use Avia to set my overscan, but should this be done before or after doing the 56-point? I've tried both and not been 100% satisfied either way.

Thanks, Bill

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Bill,

Try using the chn return button for the blue grid.
While I don't have literature for your exact model, all the Toshiba literature I have lists an HPOS parameter in the service menu. I don't know why it's not there on yours.
Be careful when adjusting overscan, as it can cause the touch focus not to work if you reduce overscan too much. It can lead to alot of headaches trying to get it working again. If the touch focus doesn't work, I've had trouble getting the convergence to stay.
I'd do the 56 point after the overscan, because changing the picture shape usually messes with the convergence. If you do the convergence afterwords, you'll be able to compensate for that.

Chad

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I usually do, simply because I've discovered that the 56-pt conversion messes up the overscan settings a bit and vice-versa! Experimentation has shown me that it's smart to end up with the 56-pt conversion, although I'd feel better if I could have both conversion and overscan set spot on!

Thanks for the help Chad! Now if you or anyone can tell me what to use in place of my missing HPOS parameter, I'd truly appreciate it! :frowning:

- Bill

Kevin Golding

Stunt Coordinator
Evidently, HPOS has disappeared from the service menu in the current sets. This guy went through over a thousand addresses in the ADDR menu and finally found it (you'll need a One-for-all remote). His page refers to the xxH83s, but I think it applies to all 2003 models. He started a thread at the Spot, and a 51HX93 owner said it worked for him as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.