What's new

Toshiba 56H80 for $2,150 at xtremeshopper.com (1 Viewer)

Rob Scott

Grip
$2,150 seems like an awfully good price for the 56H80. Does anyone have any experience with this online store? (BTW, shipping is $300.)
Thanks.
------------------
Rob Scott

Pete B.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm waiting for the 65H80 to hit that price! Wishfull thinking or definite possibilty?

TomK

Stunt Coordinator
Bumping. I'm interested in this as well. I'd like to see if I can get Sears to match this price.

errol

Stunt Coordinator
Hi ya folks,
Pls look them up at resellerratings.com and other etailer review sites.
I purchased a camcorder from them a few months ago. It was not a pleasant experience. I received my camcorder and gear but that would be my last time buying from them.
Thanks,
Errol
------------------
Keohi HDTV
Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site

Scott Stieglitz

Auditioning
Hi all,
I'm very interested in this topic since I've made up my mind that I'm going to buy the 65H80 (preferably by the end of the day). Since XtremeShopper has this for the cheapest price ($2400 + shipping) that I've seen so far, and since I had never heard of xtremeshopper until I began reading these boards again, I'm curious as to what people think of this site.
Thanks errol for the reviews. Not exactly glowing. The next best price that I've been able to find is at Consumer Direct Warehouse ($2600 + shipping), which I discovered by going through your site. How do you like those guys? I'm guessing you like them since you have them linked, but I just thought I'd ask.
If anyone else has had any experience (good or bad) with xtremeshopper or consumer-direct, please post it here. Also, if anyone knows of anywhere else that has the 65H80 for similar prices, please let me know!
Thanks,
Scott

Rob Scott

Grip
I was a little nervous about xtremeshopper so I called up OneCall.com instead. I spoke with Jason and he was very helpful. They were having a sale on the 56H80for $2398 -- a little higher, but they seem a lot more professional, plus I got a 12-month same-as-cash deal. Very nice.
xtremeshopper is a "gray market" reseller and is not an authorized dealer like OneCall is. Buyer beware, I guess :)
------------------
Rob Scott

errol

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Scott,
I've purchased a number of items from consumer direct. I came across them about two years ago. They have good consumer ratings at various review sites. I've found that they also have the best prices on the Channel Master CM4248 antenna and other antenna-related products like the rotator and preamps.
If you go with either consumerdirect or onecall, would appreciate you using the link at my site to help keep the site running. :)
Thanks,
Errol
------------------
Keohi HDTV
Your Friendly HDTV Tips Site
[Edited last by errol on July 16, 2001 at 01:25 PM]

Brett G

Stunt Coordinator
FYI,
I bought my 65H80 from Link Removed and was happy with their service. They are selling the 65H80 for $2525 and the 56H80 for $2315. Obviously shipping is extra.
-Brett
------------------
Link Removed
My DVD's

Hey guys,
I'm looking at this set myself. Has anyone had any experience with Continental Trade (out of NY) they have it for $2599 including shipping.
I called them and for an additional $100 they upgrade to "white glove delivery for a total of $2699.
There is no question that they are in that "gray market" as they operate out of a suite. When I asked them how that works they told me that several small Internet business buy as a group from a authorized dealer then resell the goods on their own site, they also share warehouse costs as well. By the way he says that Toshiba is well aware of this.
I called Toshiba and asked if they would honor the warranty in this situation and they said yes.
------------------
Mike

Kishu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kishore
I have been very happy with my 56H80 which I bought from Adrian. You can contact him at 1-800-227-0440. He gives excellent prices and TVs are from authorized dealers. You can also email him at [email protected].
Cheers,
Kishore

Scott Stieglitz

Auditioning
Another question. Do I need an extended warranty? I've never had one before and I've never needed one (manufacturer's warranty has always sufficed), but then I've rarely ever spent this much on a single electronic item - my computer being the only other time. Not to mention the fact that I've never owned a RPTV or Toshiba product, so I don't know what to expect from either. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say about extended warranties and if they're worth the cash.
Thanks!

Ryan Pream

Stunt Coordinator
I would only buy a RPTV mail order as a last resort. RPTVs often arrive damaged. Many of the mail order places will not take them back and make you go through the manufacturer. This can be a very frustrating process! Especially if the issue is a display quality issue and not a "won't turn on issue". My experience with service shops is they often make the picture worse instead of better.
I buy almost everything mail order but I would have to be saving around 40% for me to buy a RPTV mail order again. It's like playing Russian Roulette. Just my two cents.
Ryan
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks