Toshiba 5109 Progressive Scan Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by craig h bonnell, Dec 7, 2001.

1. I have this progressive scan player but I've never been quite sure whether I've had it hooked up right. I've got it hooked up to the component section of my Toshiba 40x81 HDTV compatible set. However I have never been able to find a swith (external) or something in the set-up menus to chose Progressive Scan. Once connected through the component connection and set to 16x9 is this just the default setting.

Lots of questions I know - hope someone can help.

2. Jantzen

Jantzen Stunt Coordinator

Mar 8, 2001
    The 5109 has 2 sets of component outputs, one marked interlaced one marked progressive. Plug in to the progressive jacks - thers is no switch.

I can't remember off hand if there was anything in the menu of the player that you have to setup to get it to output through this or not...

I think there is something in there about having the interlaced enabled or not - but I know that it will output to both the interlaced and component outputs at the same time... so I think you are safe to just plug in the progressive outputs and it should work....
  3. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Oct 22, 1998
    Jantzen is correct, just use the progressive component outputs on the back of the player and you should be all set.
  4. thanks for the replies - now I have a little project for this weekend!!