What's new

Too many TV sets can turn you into a couch potato. (1 Viewer)

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
I mean't too many TV DVD sets can turn you into a couch potato.

I am not going to buy too many.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Buying too many movies can do the same, or playing too many video games and so forth. Not just TV DVD

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
But it's fun. You get to watch the shows you want, when you want! Does it get any better than that? Nope. I'm the kind of person who will buy a movie instead of renting it and lately i've been buying more TV DVDs instead of movies. Just yesterday I boought Seinfeld Season Four! :D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Not necessarily so!

I watch TV on DVD while on the treadmill. It makes the time go a lot faster and actually makes working out fun.

Steve

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I am self proclaimed Couch Potato and damn proud of it! I have no plans on changing.

Working out? What is that? Explain this to me. :D

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
Joey, I know buying too many movies can do the same, or playing too many video games and so forth. Not just TV DVD, but I still like the great outdoors.
I go to hiking trails, play slowpitch.

I watch some TV DVDs but I still remember that there is a world out there.

Also, rather than shop online at Ebay, I prefur to go to the store to buy stuff.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I watch most of my TV DVD's in bed before going to sleep, so am I a couch potato, or a bed bug?

Outdoors is over rated anyways. ;)

MichelleB

Stunt Coordinator
I consider myself a couch potatoe because I love watching my TV DVDs but I wouldn't go as far as saying that I am in front of the TV 24/7 though. Anywho what I am trying to says is that being a couch potatoe wont stop me from buying more TV DVDs or movies. If I don't want to be a Couch potatoe anymore I will just stop watching TV. :wink:

As for doing other things like going outside, shopping or whatever... I wont stop myself of doing those things because of TV. Doing other things is fun too sometimes. he he :) Anywho, I usually watch my Shows before bed.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
TV on DVD hasn't made me a couch potato. It's just taken my couch potato time from my normal TV watching time. And as a redhead with fair skin, I have to say the great outdoors aren't so great. When I do go out, I end up being a couch potato while I recover from my sunburn anyway.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I love the outdoors too, but I'm a huge Couch Potato as well, and proud of it. There is a big world outdoors, but there are so many more amazing places to go with watching Movies and TV.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
There is no replacement for fresh air, sunshine or cloudy day, and hiking trails. Particularly, this time of year.

Admitedly I DO become a couch potato when the nights are longer.

I don't watch too much TV when its sunny.

If it rains too much, I still try to indure getting wet, just to get the fresh air, hang around a mall or coffee shop.

If it snows, that is when I watch more TV.

If its clear and cold, I take brisk walks. Sometimes I pull leg muscles in this kind of weather, but it is worth it.

If its sunny and windy, I also take brisk walks.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
But Joe, you can't interact with those amazing places to go with watching Movies and TV.

You can't breathe the air.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
At least you don't see any commercials (or worse, the same commercial 10 times every hour)! I did detect a loss of brain material though after watching about 3 hours of The Brady Bunch :crazy:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Same here (a stationary exercise bike for me). Makes the exercise much more interesting.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I always thought chouch potato'ng was vegging out on the couch watchinbg whatever the heck was on TV and being too lazy to even try to change the channel. Whatever I buy, I make my own schedule to watch now, it is planned fo my convienence so I do not waste time watching the bulk of current stuff on I hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks