What's new

tony scott commentary (1 Viewer)

JonathanSimpson

Stunt Coordinator
when i was reading the specs for spy game over at dvd file and dvd shrine it got me thinking about tony scott's lack of enthusiasim for the dvd format which seems to be coming to an end due to some of the upcoming releases and re-releases from tony scott and the main man charlie de lauzirika(only acting as advisor on the first wave of special edition titles, but even so whenever this guy is involved in whatever capacity you know you are going to be getting a quality end product). so i was just wondering has the laserdisc format been blessed with any better features on tony scott's films? or have they been as poor as the current crop of titles available on dvd? not counting quality of transfers or there sound mixes (obviously this is the most important aspect of the disc as far as i am concerned but with regard to this post its the features i am interested in getting your knowledge about).
jonathan

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Beverly Hills Cop II was a good DVD release and even had supplements with participation from Tony Scott.

Enemy of The State R1 included two featurettes on the release but its presented in letterbox widescreen.

The Crimson Tide laserdisc had a featurette and trailer.

And there are the rumors of Paramount Home Entertainment revisiting Top Gun on DVD as a special edition title.

JonathanSimpson

Stunt Coordinator
rutger, i would say that beverly hills cop(trilogy) is what i would call the current wave of titles with tony scott participation i was referring to the very early releases (top gun, days of thunder, crimson tide, true romance, revenge, the last boy scout, the fan and the hunger). did enemy of the state have any different features on the laser do you know? i know there is a new edition coming out in
the uk, but i am sure a us release will follow.
jonathan

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Enemy of The State on DVD has more material then the laserdisc release.

Currently, Crimson Tide on laserdisc has more material then the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks