What's new

Tom & Jerry in Cinemascope? (1 Viewer)

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
Today, I was doing something and Cartoon network was on the TV in the background. I noticed they were playing "Tom & Jerry” and it was in Widescreen! So I went and sat down. It was going through the various credits screenes before the actual cartoon started. On the last Credits screen at the bottom it said, “In Cinemascope”.
Just when I had a glimmer of hope in me, the cartoon started and was in Pan & Scan. The only thing I could think of is that they cropped it for broadcasting, but left the credits in widescreen so they could fit them all. :frowning:
[edit]crap... guess this is in the wrong forum. Never Posted about TV programming before [/edit]

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
All of the CinemaScope Tom and Jerry cartoons were relased on Laser Disc in "The Art of Tom and Jerry Volume 2" box set.

Neil

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You can also get them on the Japanese DVDs I believe. I think the UNCENSORED version (which is only discernable by a sticker on the package) has the widescreen cartoons

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks