Tom & Jerry in Cinemascope?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Brown, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Chris Brown

Chris Brown Stunt Coordinator

-
    Today, I was doing something and Cartoon network was on the TV in the background. I noticed they were playing "Tom & Jerry” and it was in Widescreen! So I went and sat down. It was going through the various credits screenes before the actual cartoon started. On the last Credits screen at the bottom it said, “In Cinemascope”.
    Just when I had a glimmer of hope in me, the cartoon started and was in Pan & Scan. The only thing I could think of is that they cropped it for broadcasting, but left the credits in widescreen so they could fit them all. [​IMG]
    [edit]crap... guess this is in the wrong forum. Never Posted about TV programming before [/edit]

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    CN sadly does not air letterboxed T&J, but TCM does.

3. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    All of the CinemaScope Tom and Jerry cartoons were relased on Laser Disc in "The Art of Tom and Jerry Volume 2" box set.

Neil

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You can also get them on the Japanese DVDs I believe. I think the UNCENSORED version (which is only discernable by a sticker on the package) has the widescreen cartoons