What's new

To the international members: Thank you for your support! (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
During today's changing of the guards in London, the Queen ordered that the American National Anthem be played. I've also seen people in Germany holding signs and American flags showing support for the USA. Same thing goes for the people in Australia.
Seeing that today was very touching. Thank you to everyone who has shown support for the USA in this time of tragedy. Especially those in England. I can't put into words just how touching that was to see.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I concur with Tom. It is truly touching to see all the sincere support we are getting from other countries.
------------------
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would."

BrettK

Agent
One of the websites I frequent is Ars Technica, focusing primarily on technology-related news and events.
On a recent message thread there, the sentiment of thanking the world for their support started. The following pictures were posted, taken from around the world. This link is to a mirror of the pictures posted to the thread.
Link Removed
[Edited last by BrettK on September 13, 2001 at 08:37 PM]

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
All I am going to say is that I am overwhelmed by the power of those photographs.
------------------
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would."

G Miller

Stunt Coordinator
I can't fathem to imagine the impact of this tragedy in America, but believe me, here in Australia, I think the outpouring of emotion is as great as I have ever seen. All the commercial television channels were covering this story day and night for the past 3 days, and in Melbourne, the US consulate has been inundated with flowers and messages of sorrow. This has spread much, much further than America, and I feel total grief for everybody who has been effected.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just when I thought I couldn't feel anymore (too numb) I saw the footage of the National Anthem being played in front of Buckingham Palace, and the British (as well as Americans in Britain) showing their love and support for their fellow humans--this tragedy truly knows no nationality. Tears welled up again.
If there's anything positive at all at this time, it's the fact that people are coming together in a way I've never seen in my short 27 year lifespan.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Folks, the flags are even flying at half mast in *Moscow* and the Russians will observe a minute's silence today (along with Britian and indeed most of Europe).
Incidentally, according to one news report I read yesterday, the idea for the American national anthem being played was the Queen's.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
From a Yahoo Canada article
Chretien asked Canadians to join in a national day of mourning on Friday in a show of solidarity "for American friends and the families of the Canadian victims." U.S. Ambassador Paul Cellucci was invited to participate in a ceremony at noon on Friday on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Just to show some more examples of international support, today in England, there was a moment of silent before a soccer game.
I wasn't able to attend any of the masses yesterday, but what I saw on television made once again tear-up.
------------------
flag.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks