What's new

TNG, Season 1, who bought it? (2 Viewers)

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I'm also in R2 land and while I like the boxes, I'm going to chicken out on this one and wait until I can read reviews from intrepid souls who have taken the plunge and can report directly on how the sets differ.

Obviously I'm getting all the seasons, and any other Trek series on DVD coming out in the future for that matter.

Todd Hostettler

Second Unit
C'mon, help me be strong. I can live with the first number being "3", I know I can
Someone?
I'll even one-up you Mark.
Since I have their respective best on LaserDisc, I'll be passing on seaons 1, 2 and 7.
And yes, I consider myself a huge fan of the series. But beyond the 7 select LD's I've got, those three seasons were complete washouts, IMHO.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I guess I am way to anal. Even if I hate one of the seasons I just can't have an incomplete set on my shelf.

AllenD

Second Unit
North American DVD is taking pre-orders for Season 1 & 2 at $84.99. I'm not a big fan of S1 or 2 either, but at this price it might be worth it to see the female crew of the Enterprise in skirts. ;)

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
Amazon has a couple of $10 of $75 coupons you can use for this. Throw in another cheap DVD to get the total over $99 and shipping is free.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I like a couple of season 7's off the top of my head. Masks and Genesis were ok (we watched the latter in my biotech class in high school). I also liked Below Decks.

Star Trek is like pizza, even when it is bad, it is still pretty ok.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Paramount had better sell the Voyager sets dirt cheap, as I don't think may people would fork out $100 a season for that crap.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>Amazon has a couple of $10 of $75 coupons you can use for this. Throw in another cheap DVD to get the total over $99 and shipping is free. >>

Heh, how do we use these coupons? I've never gotten one for amazon before, if memory serves..

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
For anyone who might be interested, Star Trek Magazine is all about TNG Season 1 this month to coincide with the DVD release. I normally don't buy this magazine, but figure it'll make a nice companion to my DVD set.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Me...I'm a Trekker. All of them have to be on my DVD shelf.
I personally enjoyed Voyager realizing of course that it was never as good as the The Next Generation (well, maybe the first two seasons:)).
I can also pre-answer the questions of the future and say I'll also be buying ALL of the DS9's, ALL of the Voyagers and ALL of the Enterprise DVDs when and if they are released!
Did I mention that I'm a Trekker?

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
lcars_sensors.gif
lcars_ships.gif

I'm with Paul... I can't wait to own them ALL

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa